Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Page 1 of 1
CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall.

Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm. which says Housing Code 3 don't include Granny. Now my question is how 380sqm [or 430sqm] applied is this from external face [Floor Area, FA] of Wall or Internal face of wall [Gross Floor Area, GFA].

Or is it like 380sqm for GFA & 430sqm for FA ?

a. Floor Area

floor area, for a dwelling house means the sum of the areas of each storey of the dwelling house and any carport, garage, balcony, deck, patio, pergola, terrace or verandah, measured at a height of 1.4m above each floor level, that is within the outer face of—
(a) the external walls of the dwelling house, and
(b) the walls of the carport, garage, balcony, deck, patio, pergola, terrace or verandah,
but does not include any of the following—
(a) any part of an awning, blind or canopy that is outside the outer wall of a building,
(b) the eaves,
(c) a lift shaft,
(d) a stairway,
(e) a void above a lower storey.

b. Gross Floor Area:

gross floor area means the sum of the floor area of each floor of a building measured from the internal face of external walls, or from the internal face of walls separating the building from any other building, measured at a height of 1.4m above the floor, and includes habitable rooms in a basement or an attic, but excludes the following—
(i) any storage area, vehicular access area, loading area, garbage area or services located in a basement,
(ii) 1 car parking space per dwelling, including access to the parking space, if—
(iii) the dwelling is not a secondary dwelling, and
(iv) the excluded area is not more than18m2,
(a) any terrace or balcony with outer walls less than 1.4m high,
(b) voids above a floor at the level of a storey or storey above,
(c) any common area intended to be used by occupants of the building to access dwellings on higher or lower storeys of the building such as a stairwell or lift shaft.
Related
16/05/2024
Rear setback confusion for NSW CDC Housing Code

Building A New House

hey nedket, We have a similar lot like yours >. just wondering how is it going with your DA application, is the Blue line is the correct solution (offset the rear boundary…

29/12/2023
res code

Buying Land

There's a fee

12/06/2023
Driveway works under a CDC

Renovation + Home Improvement

I want to build a bigger driveway (without a nature strip) than has been approved under my CDC. I’ve also had a DA approved to build a deck. It looks like I can do this…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum