Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Slab low

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
Have just had my slab poured and it is 100mm lower than the specified FFL. Is this a major issue? What are my options now?
Ideally you would want your floor heights to sit at the levels marked on the plans, however there can be valid reasons for a floor level being slightly higher or lower than what is marked as the RL on the plan.
On your site plan there is often a notation that the floor level can vary by 100mm either way so if yours is within that tolerance then it is fine as it has been laid.
Is there any reason that having your slab 100mm lower could be problematic?
chippy
Ideally you would want your floor heights to sit at the levels marked on the plans, however there can be valid reasons for a floor level being slightly higher or lower than what is marked as the RL on the plan.
On your site plan there is often a notation that the floor level can vary by 100mm either way so if yours is within that tolerance then it is fine as it has been laid.
Is there any reason that having your slab 100mm lower could be problematic?

Can’t see anything on drawings regarding a tolerance level.

I’m not sure, I was just thinking FFL has been set for a reason (architect design and/or council?) and now not at that level. Slab is still above NGL but not by much. Water getting into the house was my first thought if thats a potential flow on effect on being lower?
There are pipes that are on same level with our outdoor slab (set down lower than house slab) but if that’s the only issue hopefully they can be lowered
Ask to see your enginnered drainage plan
building-expert
Ask to see your enginnered drainage plan

I have the civil/drainage plans, what am I looking for?
Related
23/07/2023
Low head water tank

General Discussion

If you can calculate the reasonable charged head from let's say 100mm below the gutter to the top of where the vertical riser's horizontal discharge pipe will be, that…

22/12/2023
Low Deck Build - Tuff Blocks on pavers

Outdoor Living

Those span tables can be pushed a little for a low deck if you dont mind a little flex. Last deck I did, I pushed it a little and it was still rock solid - no noticeable…

28/12/2023
Building a low level deck

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Thanks. I was thinking of using either Extreme Joist or LOWDECK timbers for joists. Any idea what sets them apart and which…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum