Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Reporting of Breach of aus standards ?

Page 1 of 1
Hi

We are building with KING HOMES

The attached picture is below our sink. The power and faucet is meant for a dishwasher.

Would anyone know for sure if this is in line with Aus building standards ?

If not , can something like this so blantantly wrong and dangerous (imho) get reported ?

I could not tell you if it complies with the standard, but this would seem like an outright risk to mix water and electricity. I would bring this up immediately with the powers that be.
mustar
.....If not , can something like this so blantantly wrong and dangerous (imho) get reported ?

All queries/issues should be addressed in writing to your builder
My builder did this too for my dishwasher outlet, they said there was nothing wrong with it.

I showed a friend whom is an electrician, and he also said whilst it was stupid and a bit dangerous, there was no rules that covered this "setup"; only where outlets are placed when above the bench-top (spraying taps/sinks/baths/showers near outlets).
Callifo
My builder did this too for my dishwasher outlet, they said there was nothing wrong with it.

I showed a friend whom is an electrician, and he also said whilst it was stupid and a bit dangerous, there was no rules that covered this "setup"; only where outlets are placed when above the bench-top (spraying taps/sinks/baths/showers near outlets).

I believe this is correct.
From the picture you can see the power was put in last so the electrician knew where the water was. Really it's a common sense issue more than a technical safety issue.
The electrician should have put the outlet above and to the right of the DW outlet just as a common sense measure. That power outlet may also get in the way of some DW flow stop devices. Poor planning on behalf of the trades.
Related
10/10/2023
Waterproofing standards

Bathrooms and Laundry

Does this look right for the laundry?

23/04/2024
Current bathroom waterproofing standards

Bathrooms and Laundry

We are having a bathroom reddone. The builders are putting down two coats of waterproofing and then screed and then another coat of waterproofing. This is what I have been…

26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum