Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Affordable Living Homes want more $$

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone out there is having any issues with Affordable living homes? 2023

Situation: November 2021 signed a deal to build NOR. As of today May 2023 still no pad down but ALH requesting yet again thousands more $$ for (not the sort of cash ppl have laying around..) ‘variations in market rates’

Feeling pretty deflated as have invested so much already with broken promises. Scared to give more with no action

Hope there’s some advice out there
TIA🙏
How much have you already paid? That's a long time to wait and keep paying money.
I would be wary. Is you site demilished but nothing else done?

Sounds like liquidity problems to me. Our builder did the same. Got hundreds of thousands of dollars of upfront payments and then did nothing. I would speak to Fair Trading as a first point of call. Document everything. You might consider ending the contract and finding someone else. Fair Trading also might have other complaints in about the same builder. You could consider a lawyer but they are expensive. They can issue a breach of contract notice. They can either comply or the contract is terminated somehow. I don;t understand it. It is more expensive, but faster than Fair Trading.
Related
24/09/2023
Most affordable paint brand

General Discussion

Thank you. That is really helpful. Once we get the place done and passed for OC we can upgrade in the future once we get back on our feet and not paying mortgage and rent.

15/10/2023
Builder want us to scrap the land to soil

Building A New House

Sounds like rubbish to me. Ask for the contamination report which I doubt they have. If it's part of a normal subdivision it would have had a contamination report done…

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum