Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Smithsonian - Homegroup WA

Page 1 of 1
Hi All
We have been using and reviewing lots of information from this forum and have helped us select HomeGroup as our builder and we are learning a lot from these forums.
So I thought I would add our storey and what experiences we have with HomeGroup for others to learn from.

We have decided to call our home the Smithsonian - our last name is Smith and we are building a modified Nevada design.
We have only just signed up with Mike from HomeGroup.
He has been fantastic and really helpful in discussing our plans and ideas and even was open to a online meeting with us to discuss our plans. I think Mike really liked this and has asked to do it again.

Now the waiting game.
Thanks for reading

22/12/22 - Preliminary Contract signed
14/3/23 - We went Cat 1
20/4/23 - Build Contract Signed
So this is the Smithsonian - the place where Smiths live
We have three girls and they live in their rooms so we wanted to give them space in their rooms.
Plus I work from home a lot and having a space away from everyone is going to be great.

So we are getting closer to starting.
We finally signed the build contract today, now the wait for the paperwork to be finalised and council approved.
Old house on the block we bought should be demoed in the next 4-5 weeks.
Yay getting so close.
We have been given these timeframes with HGWA. If anyone is building with them how close do they stick out the these dates

0 weeks – Receipt of Contour Survey
10-12 weeks - Working Drawings
14-16 weeks – Prestart Meeting
18-20 weeks – Final Documents Prepared
20-26 weeks – External Consulting and Shire Approvals *This does include timeframe for receiving council planning approval (if applicable). *
32-40 weeks – Scheduling Completed
So the block Demo started this week.
Vinsan Salvage have been excellent and their communication has been awesome as well. #vinsansalvage
Now the slow process of mortgages and drawings.
We still dont have our prestart date yet
Still hoping to be in the house by Christmas next year
I wish they could build houses as quick as they can knock them down

Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum