Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Basement House : Water Table issue -- inputs needed

Page 1 of 1
As we started building basement garage, we noticed the water table issue at couple of spots. The garage is not fully built yet. Just raft slab was done along with the dincel walls. Builder is going to contact with structural and hydraulic engineer to get their opinion on what to do about it.

Wondering if anyone has faced or heard such similar issue during construction and what actions are recommended in
this case? Thanks in advance.
Did you refer back to the certified Construction/engineering details?
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, the current certified Construction/engineering details didn't detect the water table. Thus, currently builder has contacted structural and hydraulic engineer to get their opinion on what to do about it.

I am wondering if someone here has experienced such thing and what did they have to do in that case.

Could you share your thoughts on this as well? What should we do?
Search dewatering and concrete tanking I wouldn't be using Dincel/blocks unless it's certified
Wait for the engineers revised details, unfortunately, since you have signed with one builder
there's no likelihood of competitive quoting
It needs to be really carefully detailed and installed. Safest option is to have a drainage channel internally. Dincel is waterproof if installed correctly. Waterproofing the blab to dincel joint is critical. I used Dincel 200mm with started bars with a PVC waterbar and a bead of Sikaswell S-2 as backup. Seems to work so far with all this rain. The sikaswell is a bentonite clay based product I think. Expand and seals any gaps.

Related
27/12/2023
‘Basement’ waterproofing bare bricks

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

to do it properly you need to dig out the garden and waterproof the outside of the wall. There are some products you can put on the face of the bricks but the water is…

14/05/2024
Build Basement for car parking - Sydney

Building A New House

You could be looking at anywhere between $400,000 to $800,000 depending on so many variables including: 1. Site conditions - what material is being excavated 2.…

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum