Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Site plan on slope land

Page 1 of 1
Our builder had received the contour survey of our land. It came back with some slope and hence, the building will now have different levels with internal stairs. I am seeking 2nd opinion if the proposed site plan is sound and if there are other alternatives.

* Can the builder level the whole house so that the whole house will have FFL = 120.935 except garage?
* Can the builder do FILL instead of CUT at the left front of the house?
* What other factors do we need to take note of for building a house on a slope land?
* Is it correct to calculate the slope/fall by getting the highest - lowest part of the block?
dhanz15

The reason you need a step in the slab is that the max you can cut & fill is 600mm which is why they have designed your home this way.

If you were to raise the front to an FFL of 120.9 the front will be raised by just over 1000mm.

I hope this makes sense

Simeon
Thanks for the reply. Where did you get the 600 max cut and fill? Is this the maximum as per CDC requirement? Why not do a fill instead to match the elevation of the rear portion of the house?
On a different note if you move the rainwater tank, A/C etc to the opposite side you could have side access from the driveway side of the house.
dhanz15
Thanks for the reply. Where did you get the 600 max cut and fill? Is this the maximum as per CDC requirement? Why not do a fill instead to match the elevation of the rear portion of the house?

Yes that is the maximum allowed under the CDC guidelines.

I have seen one council who allows 1000mm but this is rare so best to check with your council.
Related
24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

25/02/2024
Slope land builders Melbourne

Building A New House

Hi All, We have recently purchased a sloping block (3.5m fall building envelope, 6m overall). Just wondering if you know of any good builders that you would recommend for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum