Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Advice regarding bushfire overlay and driveway length

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing a bush block in QLD but I am concerned about the planning scheme with regards to bushfire overlays.

The block is predominantly remnant vegetation, with a roughly 5 acre "white zone" that has been cleared in the past. I'm pretty sure this is where we would build as it's the only option in terms of clearing rules (and we wouldn't want to clear more anyway).

The problem is that the planning laws state that development in the bushfire risk overlay zone (which is "very high") should either be avoided (not possible), or alternatively requires a "driveway" that connects to the road that is no longer than 100 metres to the property.

Unfortunately the "white zone" is about 360 metres away from the road via the existing "driveway" to the cleared site. There's no option of clearing a shorter driveway to the white zone on account of the slope (and it's still over the 100m limit).

I've contacted the (Moreton Bay Regional) council about the issue but nobody has responded yet. I was wondering if anyone else has any advice or has encountered such an issue before?

Is it likely that the bushfire overlay zone would be downgraded (on account of the cleared land)?
You need a method 2 Bushfire Site Assessment they range between $650 - $1100 +gst
Related
7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum