Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Did your builder comply

Page 1 of 1
Curious on how an owner confirms that their builder has built the home to meet the requirements of AS3959 Building in Bushfire Prone Areas.
I know the builder raised a variation to charge for the extra requirements but how did you confirm they actually did what was paid for???
What have been your experiences?
Isn't that like anything in building? Did they comply with BASIX? Did they glue the tiles down correctly, did they allow for water hammer, did they install the insulation correctly, things that are not inspected but are covered up and you can't see.
You don't know what you don't know.
BuildingandLegal
Curious on how an owner confirms that their builder has built the home to meet the requirements of AS3959 Building in Bushfire Prone Areas.
I know the builder raised a variation to charge for the extra requirements but how did you confirm they actually did what was paid for???
What have been your experiences?

It's a question of compliance with regulations and standards and conformance with the contract. Typically owner has no chance of verification because in most cases the required skill is not there and the owner does not know what to look for.
This is why inspection by owners' own independent building consultant is the best bet.
you should probably read this thread viewtopic.php?f=31&t=105668
It's an unfortunate position for the client to be in, BAL should be identified and reported on well before a contract is issued, and not as a variation. Surely there needs to be some duty of disclosure to the client.
Related
14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

26/04/2024
Choosing lighting pendants that will comply with standards

Lighting + Lighting Design

I am trying to find lighting for kitchen, dining areas but looking online, I don’t know if there are specific details I should be looking at to make sure any lights I…

14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum