Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

utility conduit for future proofing?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

new user here!.

planning to build a new home and was wondering if anyone had the idea to install a utility conduit between the property boundary to your home? with a small access panel.
for future proofing for NBN2 or some other utility or replacement of pipe or something.
avoid trenching i guess?

Can electrical (thinking of 3 phrase), NBN and water run in the same conduit?

reason for this suggestion was that I currently live in a townhouse complex that has this, made installation easier with NBN when they wired the place.

thanks
electrical and water certainly can't be ran in the same conduit
I would assume NBN will also require separate one
NBN2 can just use existing NBN/phone conduit. you can ask the builder to throw an extra one in, but it's highly likely that you will never need it. a more useful conduit would be a spare electrical one going from the house towards the property boundary, and across the driveway, so that you can run the wires in case you ever want to install lighting features in the front yard.
I installed extra conduits to the road from my build site, including for NBN which ran along the side and then across the driveway, which our builder did integrate with the house structure ready for NBN.

But when time came to install NBN after we moved in, we discovered the conduits had been crushed during construction such that the stringline couldn't be pulled through.

It was not a problem for the NBN installer. They put a new conduit alongside the driveway from the street, about 50m to the house, for free.

Only drawback is that now we have a useless conduit with string sticking out of the side of the Hebel wall of the garage.
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

28/07/2023
Responsibility on Builder or Customer: Conduit Issue

General Discussion

the conduit would need to be undamaged regardless of what network is in play. The conduit needs to be able to have fibre run through it. NBN and Opticomm are just…

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum