Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Is this an ugly fascade?

Page 1 of 1

Hi guys, first time building a duplex with masterton. Now that I need to finalise external colours, it just occurred to me that perhaps the fascade is poorly designed and unattractive. What do you think? I don’t want to spend too much so if there is a way I can do fascade improvement at low cost, that would be greatly appreciated. Should I go surfmist (very light biege) garage door instead of monument? Note that I am using PGH Blackheath brick, all window frames are black and the front entrance door will be brown timber and not mahogany. Many thanks, you legends!
Marwa990
Hi guys, first time building a duplex with masterton. Now that I need to finalise external colours, it just occurred to me that perhaps the fascade is poorly designed and unattractive. What do you think? I don’t want to spend too much so if there is a way I can do fascade improvement at low cost, they would be greatly appreciated. Should I go surfmist (very light biege) garage door instead of monument? Note that I am using PGH Blackheath brick, all window frames are black and the front entrance door will be brown timber and not mahogany. Many thanks, you legends!

Morning Marwa

I would go the other way and change your columns to a monument and you mentioned the timber doors would be a lighter colour great.

In summary try and have as few colours as possible and stick with the black theme:

1. Roof Momument
2. Windows Black
3. Colums Momument/dark
4. Garage door Momument
5. Front door - light colour timber with black handle

just me 2 cents

Enjoy your build

Simeon
I would go for a black door.
And yes, stick to a limited palate.
However, what bugs me is the asymmetry in the windows. Why has one side got two windows, where the other has one? That just looks off kilter.
Ashington Homes
Marwa990
Hi guys, first time building a duplex with masterton. Now that I need to finalise external colours, it just occurred to me that perhaps the fascade is poorly designed and unattractive. What do you think? I don’t want to spend too much so if there is a way I can do fascade improvement at low cost, they would be greatly appreciated. Should I go surfmist (very light biege) garage door instead of monument? Note that I am using PGH Blackheath brick, all window frames are black and the front entrance door will be brown timber and not mahogany. Many thanks, you legends!

Morning Marwa

I would go the other way and change your columns to a monument and you mentioned the timber doors would be a lighter colour great.

In summary try and have as few colours as possible and stick with the black theme:

1. Roof Momument
2. Windows Black
3. Colums Momument/dark
4. Garage door Momument

just me 2 cents

Enjoy your build

Simeon

Hi @ashington Homes with the above colour suggestion, what colour you would suggest for gutter fascia downpipes. thanks
newdev
Ashington Homes
Marwa990

Morning Marwa

1. Roof Momument
2. Windows Black
3. Colums Momument/dark
4. Garage door Momument

just me 2 cents

Enjoy your build

Simeon

Hi @ashington Homes with the above colour suggestion, what colour you would suggest for gutter fascia downpipes. thanks

I would keep it all consistent with the roof, so definitely monument
AnjC
However, what bugs me is the asymmetry in the windows. Why has one side got two windows, where the other has one? That just looks off kilter.

It's winking at you!

Yes, you have to be careful to avoid unintended consequences but the windows do match the current doors.

Life was fine before that damn movie!
thanks @ashington Homes I see your good advice on many post in this forum, so want to ask you, will black window look ok while everything is monument. not sure how monument downpipes fascia next to black window trims will look. my colour consultant say must match fo cleaner consistent look. thank you
Related
21/10/2023
Hallway arch - hoping to make less ugly

Interior Decorating Lounge

at most it will have a short lintel which could be moved up just below the ceiling or even above. Above means you need to patch the cornice and might need to deal with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum