Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder : Eagle Home / Champion Home / New South Homes

Page 1 of 1
Good morning,

Does anyone recently built (2020 or later) a home with Eagle Homes / Champion Homes / New South Homes in Sydney Northern / North western area - Hills district?

It is really appreciated if you could provide me your feedbacks on these builders.

Really keen to get feedback / recent experience with Eagle Homes (Sydney), I am in discussion with these builders now.

Thanks, Krishna
I am with C Homes, already up to variation 17 and have billed me extra 24%,
If I can give you tips, run away as fast as you can away from the C (C for Crap) Homes, not sure if the E Home is a crap or not I suspect they are all similar.
Pay a lawyer to review the contract before you sign anything.
vattappillykrishna
Good morning,

Does anyone recently built (2020 or later) a home with Eagle Homes / Champion Homes / New South Homes in Sydney Northern / North western area - Hills district?

It is really appreciated if you could provide me your feedbacks on these builders.

Really keen to get feedback / recent experience with Eagle Homes (Sydney), I am in discussion with these builders now.

Thanks, Krishna

Hi
We have just signed with New South Homes. Yet to build but about to go into DA with Hornsby Council. So far they have been fantastic. Excellent communication and going above and beyond. Fingers crossed the build is the same 🤞🏼
Finallyacrabbe
vattappillykrishna
Good morning,

Thanks, Krishna

Hi
We have just signed with New South Homes. Yet to build but about to go into DA with Hornsby Council. So far they have been fantastic. Excellent communication and going above and beyond. Fingers crossed the build is the same 🤞🏼

I have been watching New South Homes build a house near me on the most complicated site I have ever seen ( it is literally in the T junction of Yanko Road & Lane Cove Road at West Pymble). I have been so impressed by their progress and perplexed at how they get their deliveries into the site.

My point being that they seem to really know what they are doing and they seem really well organised.

What is their pricing like?

Cheers

Simeon
Finallyacrabbe
We have just signed with New South Homes. Yet to build but about to go into DA with Hornsby Council.

How did the DA go with Hornsby Council ?
( and experience with New South Homes? )
qrius
Finallyacrabbe
We have just signed with New South Homes. Yet to build but about to go into DA with Hornsby Council.

How did the DA go with Hornsby Council ?
( and experience with New South Homes? )

Was much faster than expected and no issues raised! Approval in 10 weeks!
Finallyacrabbe

That sounds like a CDC application.

Well, New South Homes are family-owned, and they have a reputation to maintain.

I'm not promoting them, but curious to hear of any experiences from using them,
as I visited their display home recently in Sydney (on Castle Hill Road),
and checked out their design.

PS:
New South Homes grew out of their granny flat business,
so they were more well-known because of that.
qrius
Finallyacrabbe

That sounds like a CDC application.

Well, New South Homes are family-owned, and they have a reputation to maintain.

I'm not promoting them, but curious to hear of any experiences from using them,
as I visited their display home recently in Sydney (on Castle Hill Road),
and checked out their design.

PS:
New South Homes grew out of their granny flat business,
so they were more well-known because of that.

Not CDC. Was DA application with BAL40 (borderline BALFZ!). They were extremely thorough in all docs that were prepared for submission and extremely helpful. Knew all relevant council restrictions which we tested with some of the other bigger builders who said they knew but actually were totally wrong (we know because we went and checked who was right).

Yes, you are right they are more well known for their granny flat business but are really starting to move their House division.

We have also really appreciated the fact they now show their client’s homes as “open homes” before they hand over which truly shows their workmanship for their clients rather than just going to showrooms and display villages which are totally spec’d up and made for the show if you know what I mean.

We also know some friends who are also building with them and they are having the same good experience as us so far, and their build has started and so further along than us, too.
regret2build
I am with C Homes, already up to variation 17 and have billed me extra 24%,
If I can give you tips, run away as fast as you can away from the C (C for Crap) Homes, not sure if the E Home is a crap or not I suspect they are all similar.
Pay a lawyer to review the contract before you sign anything.

I can't agree more with your comments about C Homes.
My friend and I both built with it a few years ago, the contract terms and conditions were full of traps. we ended up paying about 12% extra. The initial prices were about 10% cheaper than its competitors, but they were very good at getting everything back and more. The whole experience was a nightmare, I would stay far away from it, not matter how discounted the prices are.
Related
28/04/2024
Eagle Homes

Building A New House

Anyone care to share their latest experience with Eagle Homes..? Would love to hear their latest feedback and concern and advice? Thank you

9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum