Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Driveway

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am going to lodged a DA for a new house design.
Currently land is vacant.

My question is do I have to apply a separate application for the new driveway as well?(as there is no driveway in the land now)
Or the whole house DA approval is enough?
Thanks in advance
FARZANA
Hi,

My question is do I have to apply a separate application for the new driveway as well?(as there is no driveway in the land now)
Thanks in advance

Hi Farzana

The house development application plans will show the location and approximate size of the driveway from the house to the property boundary.

What you will need to do after you get your house DA approved is apply for a Driveway Crossover permit from your local council. They council designs and approves the section of the driveway between the property boundary and the road.

This includes the engineering design showing how your driveway connects into the road and the gutter. They will also need to inspect it before you pour.

If you have any more questions, give you local council a call.

All the best with your build journey

Cheers

Simeon
FARZANA
Hi,

Thanks in advance

We got the builder to include a driveway in our application. Or if you dont want the builder to do it you can get the driveway included in your landscaping plan, which will need to be included in your DA application anyways.

Which council are you in?
Samz_Turra
FARZANA
Hi,

Thanks in advance

We got the builder to include a driveway in our application. Or if you dont want the builder to do it you can get the driveway included in your landscaping plan, which will need to be included in your DA application anyways.

Which council are you in?

They will still need to apply for a crossover permit, but that can be done at the end
I guess it depends on council- Canadbay (in Sydney) requires a crossover permit before issuance of construction certificate (at least thats what they made us to do).
Related
10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

7/08/2023
Concreting a driveway

General Discussion

We've had decent weather for last 7 weeks and now the drvieway has been cut out we had an evening of 50mm of rain including all the water from half the street, ground is…

15/08/2023
Garage Driveway Coverage

General Discussion

It looks like Blacktown council allows up to a 6.0m wide driveway so just ask your builder to change the plans. If you are just in the planning stage then there is no…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum