Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Need help -issue with alfresco brick pier

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
We are constructing double storey with Kingsbridge. 88% Construction completed. We noticed that there is a gap between pier and foam in alfresco ( our ground floor hgt is 2700)
Both builder and independent inspector says this is expected and this is what the build says "This is the finish, you have a section where foam and brickwork meet, we have the flashing in between to keep the house water tight." See attached image also pier seems not aligned.

This is what is shown in engg drawings which does not show such gap.

Though independent inspector said nothing to worry about it(Verbally). We feel they are covering it up due the fact that they never reported this in thier inspection report and ay be don't want to accept that they missed it. This is bit concerning for us since we never seen such kind of gap at any other house and also it looks odd. So before we agree with builder on anything, we need your suggestion and guidance on this issue. Appreciate for any help

Regards
Sachin.
Hi Sachin,

How did you build with Kingsbridge went? Did you build Winchester by any chance?
Is the handover now complete? How would describe the overall outcome, this issue aside?

We are contemplating whether to build with Kingsbridge or orbit homes. While we like the Kingsbridge layout and plans we aren't too sure on quality of workmanship and and some unusual placement of fixed windows etc etc, and inclusion in based price...Keen to hear how your build fared?
Related
20/09/2023
Zero Lot Issue & Need Idea

General Discussion

You must be new to the internet. You're also the only person anyone here has ever heard of washing their garage wall. I hate to break it to you, there are insects and…

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum