Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

How will this pipe sit inside the wall?

Page 1 of 1
Trying to explain this as best as I can, and I apologise for the stupid question!

Our frame has just gone up and there's a pipe in a bedroom that aligns with where the outdoor tap will be. The pipe is quite large and currently stick out approx. 5cm from the frame, into the room.

Is this pipe just a conduit of some sort that will get sawn off at the ground level so that the room will still be square?
theyll just install the tap inside the bedroom. Problem solved
If its a drain pipe you're stuffed as I understand it.

If its a pipe that they'll run the water supply through then they'll just cut it flush with the floor as the supply pipe will only take up a small portion of that pipe.
If it is a drain pipe, you will need the chippy to frame around it to make it a wall. It might not look pretty, but at least it is hidden behind a wall.
I don't think it's a drain pipe. The external wall it's against is where the outdoor tap will be, and the internal wall next to it will have a shower head on the other side.

The plan shows the corner as square, and doesn't show anything about a frame around it, a pipe or a conduit.
mcbks
I don't think it's a drain pipe. The external wall it's against is where the outdoor tap will be, and the internal wall next to it will have a shower head on the other side.

The plan shows the corner as square, and doesn't show anything about a frame around it, a pipe or a conduit.

I tried to find a better picture.

but think of it like this.

http://diygreenbuildingwithjerry.blogsp ... g-and.html

The actual water pipe only takes up a small fraction of the overall PVC pipe, so once they cut it flush with the foundation the water supply will be in the wall and part of the conduit will be in the wall and part covered by the flooring.
Related
23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

29/01/2024
Building over sewer pipe in Queensland

Building A New House

I think you are getting different numbers because they all just based them on "other jobs" even though each job is unique. Often, with builders, unless you're speaking to…

27/02/2024
Re-routing hot water copper pipe

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We have a hot water copper pipe that runs from our hot water unit on one side of our house under a concrete slab to our bathroom and laundry...old house so not ideal. The…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum