Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Lot Street address wrong on the title

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,
I am about to settle a block of land in Perth. My block is sandwiched between a street on the back and main road on the front. As per the covenant I am required to have a garage on the main road. So I always expected my house address to be on the main road (because that is where I am designated to make my garage and have chosen a design to have house entry that way).

However, after the land has titled, on the title is shows my property address as Lot X, N Back Street.

I was expecting it to be Lot X, N Main Road.

House plans of my house are being finalised with entry from Main road, however I am bit worried that address being wrong on the title.

Has anyone been in this situation and what was the outcome?

Thanks.
Is it 'wrong' or not as you expected it to be?

Are the covenants set by council or someone else? Your 'main entry' doesn't always have to be a driveway. It can be just a mailbox and a door in the fence. I've seen plenty of houses that have the street number and the front door on one street, and then car access from another.

So I guess you'd need to see if the council will approve your building plans and what it means in practical terms like getting courier deliveries etc if you position your front door to the main road, rather than the one where your address actually is.
Related
6/12/2023
Create of a restriction on the title

Building A New House

Flamingo Give me a call and I will do my best to talk you through it. For those who would like an answer, Subject to seeing your actual DA condition, I think you are…

5/01/2024
Electric gate for s Street front villa

General Discussion

Hi all. I'm thinking of installing an electric gate in front of this street front villa (link below). The gate would be between the bush on the left and the letter box on…

8/04/2024
Is this too low vs Cross Over/Street Level?

Building A New House

Thanks! I'm spoke to the builder I'm not sure if this is all true but basically went along the lines of they considered all options and if I was to compact and fill it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum