Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

7 Months, No Brickie!

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I wanted to get a general consensus....

My pad went down 2nd of June and i still haven't progressed to putting up walls, im in the West if that makes a difference, but wanted to find out other peoples wait times to get a brickie?.

is 7 months within the norm?

TIA
-Mick
Hi Mick,

I would suggest you're in WA and if so it is more than likely one of the big project builders, if all is correct it seems a little long, I've been hearing around 6 months, what is the builder saying?

Doozer1905
Hi Mick,

I would suggest you're in WA and if so it is more than likely one of the big project builders, if all is correct it seems a little long, I've been hearing around 6 months, what is the builder saying?

Hi Doozer,

Since about the 4 month mark, the builder has been saying 4-6 weeks and then pushing it out further saying the brickie they had lined up has moved on to better $per brick rate.
So is no one else experiencing extended delays getting a brickie?
It's all too common right now in WA, most especially if you're with a BGC company, soon enough they'll probably issue you a price increase as well if you're extra lucky!
Related
9/05/2024
2 months old decking problems

Outdoor Living

Our external decking was only installed 2 months ago, and already moulded, with cracks, and some timber decolorated. The decking is in an exposed area, uncovered in our…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum