Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Need Help

Page 1 of 1
Hi my name is Helen and I am a newbie as far as building a house. The house I want to build is a steel frame with vertical cladding. Will be going owner builder.

My problem is not so much the actual building side but the paper work side. I know I need a soil test and site plan all have been arranged. I have a basic plan of what I want. I have also sent away for a couple of quotes to find out basic costs. This has left me with two options that I like.

1. A kit house to lock up. Also includes plans to submit to council.
  2. Steel frames only. This also comes with the basic plan. I have all the other components I need to get it to lock up.

My problem is what do I do from here.? With the kit home do I need to get my plans drawn up by an architect before I agree to go ahead.?

With the steel frame I am thinking I need to get the plans drawn up by the architect and then send them to the frame makers to make sure that they can make them.

Or do I get the plans drawn up first and then find somebody to build it?

I know I am sad but this stuff does my head in.

Need help Helen
help008
Hi my name is Helen and I am a newbie as far as building a house. The house I want to build is a steel frame with vertical cladding. Will be going owner builder.

My problem is not so much the actual building side but the paper work side. I know I need a soil test and site plan all have been arranged. I have a basic plan of what I want. I have also sent away for a couple of quotes to find out basic costs. This has left me with two options that I like.

2. Steel frames only. This also comes with the basic plan. I have all the other components I need to get it to lock up.

My problem is what do I do from here.? With the kit home do I need to get my plans drawn up by an architect before I agree to go ahead.?

With the steel frame I am thinking I need to get the plans drawn up by the architect and then send them to the frame makers to make sure that they can make them.

Need help Helen

Hi Helen

Welcome to the forum.

You didnt say what state you are in as laws differ. If you are in NSW I would be more than happy to walk you through what is required. If you are from another state there are some fantastic people here who know what to do.

Cheers

Simeon
Ashington Homes
help008

Need help Helen

Hi Helen

Welcome to the forum.

You didnt say what state you are in as laws differ. If you are in NSW I would be more than happy to walk you through what is required. If you are from another state there are some fantastic people here who know what to do.

Cheers

Simeon

Hi Simeon

Building in Deepwater NSW. Thank you for you reply and I will be in touch. What is the best way for me to contact you.

Regards Helen
help008
Ashington Homes
help008

Need help Helen

Hi Helen

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Simeon

Hi Simeon

Building in Deepwater NSW. Thank you for you reply and I will be in touch. What is the best way for me to contact you.

Regards Helen

Hi Helen

Just text me on 0431 712 792 and we will arrange a time to chat today

Cheers

Simeon
Related
8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum