Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Main Bedroom, Ensuite and Walk in robe layout

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

After some advice on layout options for the master suite.

This is the ground floor: We have a park abutting the rear of the property which will have pool like see through fencing.

This is the second floor which we are still working on the layout.

This is the edits I have tried to make in Paint
- I was thinking for the ensuite to have a nib wall where the toilet is for privacy and the shower.
- Cavity doors for the Ens and WIR, so that a TV can go on that wall and the bed be placed on the south wall

- This will be used as a holiday home/air bnb so we thought we would remove the 2nd study nook upstairs and perhaps put a Linen cupboard for more storage.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this project would be great!
If you are using this for personal use as well as an Air BNB, I would reduce the size of the landing on the top floor and put in a large lockable walk in linen/ stoage cupboard where you can lock up personal items. You could still include a study nook on the upper landing if you wanted. I would also move the door to the downstairs bedroom to line up with the hallway. Very small changes.

Maybe you could swap the Ens and WIR in the original design? Something like this idea. Probably easier for plumbing work too. Ask your designer to re-model them and check dimensions to ensure it will work.

As for the study nook and linen, what you did is fine. But I would swap Bed 2 with Retreat if you want to get rid of the study nook. This way you get a more spacious feeling when you walk up stairs. It's a combined space. Otherwise that study space is all wasted.
Related
4/12/2023
Does this Bedroom + Ensuite Make any Sense?

General Discussion

if i have understood your dimensions correctly my suggestions include using the smallest toilet and wall hung handbasin eg Caroma Urbane with in wall cistern, small wall…

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum