Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Stormwater Easement

Page 1 of 1
We are looking at knocking down and building a house and granny flat at Pendle Hill, Cumberland council (ex Holroyd council).

We have approx 2.5m wide stormwater easement running throughout the length of our property. Property is located on a slope and falls away from the street approx 2.5m fall.

If we take the CDC route are we allowed to connect our stormwater to the council pipes located within the existing easement in our property?

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Thanks
bannie
We are looking at knocking down and building a house and granny flat at Pendle Hill, Cumberland council (ex Holroyd council).

We have approx 2.5m wide stormwater easement running throughout the length of our property. Property is located on a slope and falls away from the street approx 2.5m fall.

If we take the CDC route are we allowed to connect our stormwater to the council pipes located within the existing easement in our property?

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Thanks

Hi Bannie

From experience I have found that different councils can have very different requirements when it comes to stormwater.

Can I suggest you call your council and ask to speak to a duty planner and see if you can find out what their policy is?

I have a fantastic design team who seem to know what most councils requirements are, so I am assuming that you might be able to also ask your design team ( particularly your hydraulic engineer) if you don't want to call council

all the best

Simeon
Thanks Simeon.

I have emailed Cumberland council with all the details hopefully they will be able to give me some sort of an answer.

From what i have read on council documents they prefer connecting to easement especially for properties falling away from the street.
bannie
Thanks Simeon.

I have emailed Cumberland council with all the details hopefully they will be able to give me some sort of an answer.

I love your proactiveness!

I would be surprised if you cant. I am doing a project in schofileds and Blacktown council have been cool with us connecting into the stormwater easement.

Hopefully Cumberland will be as obliging

Have a great weekend

Simeon
bannie
Thanks Simeon.

I would be surprised if you cant. I am doing a project in schofileds and Blacktown council have been cool with us connecting into the stormwater easement.

Have a great weekend

Simeon
bannie
Thanks Simeon.

I would be surprised if you cant. I am doing a project in Schofields and Blacktown council have been cool with us connecting into the stormwater easement.

Have a great weekend

Simeon
Ashington Homes
bannie
Thanks Simeon.

Have a great weekend

Simeon

Thanks Simeon. Hopefully what you are saying comes true

You too have a wonderful weekend!!
Ashington Homes
bannie
Thanks Simeon.

I would be surprised if you cant. I am doing a project in Schofields and Blacktown council have been cool with us connecting into the stormwater easement.

Have a great weekend

Simeon

Hi Simeon,

Just wanted to thank you again for your advice and let you know that we did get the necessary permit to connect into our stormwater easement. We are currently at slab stage, hopefully they will pour tomorrow as the weather looks fine.

Thanks
Related
19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

15/08/2023
Is this a bad situation - easement and manhole on property

General Discussion

You might be able to apply to divert the sewer at your expense. In NSW you would contact a Water services co-ordinator and they would give you advice as to whether or not…

24/01/2024
Retaining Wall on Easement?

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks - yea sounds like I need to submit build over easement application....ugh guess I better start finding someone who can do the engineering drawings

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum