Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

NBN Pit within 1m of crossover extension

Page 1 of 1
I want to extend my crossover by 1m but there is a small NBN Pit with "Class A" P2 concrete cover. The council says there should be at least 1m distance between the crossover extension and the pit. But i have noticed there are three different houses on my street who have the same pit but they have extended their crossover to just 150-300 away from the NBN pit. Pictures below. One of them have even less than 50mm margin. Not sure what they did or how they got approval. Can someone please guide what should I do to achieve the same? Should I ask the council why/how they have approved them? Or call NBN? But what would i say to NBN? Can someone please advise?

Maybe they didn't get approval?
Strange, I think it's less likely that 3 different houses went without Council approval as the council people visit the area at least every after second day and it's on the nature strip and not possible it hide it.
A class A pit and lid is one that is not designed to be driven over. NBN would be more interested in you getting close to their pit.

You could contact them about upgrading or moving it. If there is a joint inside it may get expensive to move it.
Related
7/04/2024
Storm water overflow pit, is this right?

Building A New House

Thanks for that, the PVC pipe is still about 40cm below ground level and it sticks out of the sand with no end cap or anything on it just open pipe, is this the finished…

28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum