Building ForumBuilding A New House

Cost of Building house in Sydney

Page 1 of 1
Just purchased a block of land. Thinking of building something like this

https://m.realestate.com.au/sold/proper ... -135307770

What would be the total cost ?
My budget is 750000 end to end.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I wish you could. It’s a 60sq home with swimming pool! That staircase cost over $20k, frameless shower glass approx $1000 each, star ceiling in the home theatre $3000, render the house this size $30k plus and so on. That build should be over $1mil my guess.

I am building a 39 sq house, it’s not near to that specs, cost $700k without swimming pool, driveway and landscaping.
Flamingo
Hi, I wish you could. It’s a 60sq home with swimming pool! That staircase cost over $20k, frameless shower glass approx $1000 each, star ceiling in the home theatre $3000, render the house this size $30k plus and so on. That build should be over $1mil my guess.

I am building a 39 sq house, it’s not near to that specs, cost $700k without swimming pool, driveway and landscaping.

Thanks you for your quick reply!
As I am totally new in this field so gathering all the knowledge before builders quote and architects estimate.
I am thinking of building 45 sqm house with swimming pool.
Roughly $3-3.5k+ per sqm for architectured custom house like that, so 45 square will be roughly around $1.3-1.5mm.
Thank you! Might have to compromise on few things and need to increase my budget.
Jag8
Thank you! Might have to compromise on few things and need to increase my budget.

Hi Jag8,

Both Alex & Flamingo are spot on with their advice.

We are building homes like these at the moment, and unfortunately the issue has been that prices have gone through the roof in 2021 in the order of a 25% increase on average.

Basically, any product with timber in it is super expensive at the moment, and very hard to source.

So 12 months ago we probably could have built that home for $2200-2300/sqm but now it would be in the high 2's to 3k per metre. In gross terms that equates to probably $1.5-1.7m.

There are also some really expensive features as pointed out by Alex & Flamingo.

So the bottom line is that you could have a house like that but it would have to be 200sqm not 557sqm.

I hope that helps

cheers

Simeon
Flamingo

Wondering how about going for Hebel instead of render the house? Will save few $$ and give the same look?
MegKo
Flamingo

Wondering how about going for Hebel instead of render the house? Will save few $$ and give the same look?

Megko

Hebel will save approx $15-25k on a house like this ( without measuring the external wall areas). Hebel on a square meter rate is around $155-160/sqm, acrylic rendered brick is $180-190/sqm

The big expenses are the slab, timber ceilings, frame, herringbone tiling, the staircase, the 120mm stone in the kitchen, all adds up.

Nice house though

Simeon
It's better to find out first what footprint of the house you are allowed to build on your land. Ideally you want a 45sq house but that might not be allowed or achievable.

Even with higher specs from volume builders it's getting close to $2000/sq. If you want to engage a draft person or an architect and use a boutique or custom builder, it will be close to $3000/sq for what you want to achieve by looking at those photos. And these prices might not even include landscaping and pool you wanted.
alexp79
Roughly $3-3.5k+ per sqm for architectured custom house like that, so 45 square will be roughly around $1.3-1.5mm.

Thats insightful
That will be way over. Probably something like waldrof eden brea would suit my budget then.
In process of getting the quote from them.
Thank you so much!
Ashington Homes
Jag8

Hi Jag8,

Both Alex & Flamingo are spot on with their advice.

We are building homes like these at the moment, and unfortunately the issue has been that prices have gone through the roof in 2021 in the order of a 25% increase on average.

Basically, any product with timber in it is super expensive at the moment, and very hard to source.

So 12 months ago we probably could have built that home for $2200-2300/sqm but now it would be in the high 2's to 3k per metre. In gross terms that equates to probably $1.5-1.7m.

There are also some really expensive features as pointed out by Alex & Flamingo.

So the bottom line is that you could have a house like that but it would have to be 200sqm not 557sqm.

I hope that helps

cheers

Simeon

Have to go with bigger builders I guess, heard its bit cheaper.
Jason526
It's better to find out first what footprint of the house you are allowed to build on your land. Ideally you want a 45sq house but that might not be allowed or achievable.

Even with higher specs from volume builders it's getting close to $2000/sq. If you want to engage a draft person or an architect and use a boutique or custom builder, it will be close to $3000/sq for what you want to achieve by looking at those photos. And these prices might not even include landscaping and pool you wanted.

Thanks
In process of getting that.
Related
5/11/2023
Building a 39 square house in Schofields Sydney

General Discussion

No idea about the driveway question, but your price for a house that size including landscaping seems very good!

7/03/2024
Sydney Water Board Sewer across House

Building A New House

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry I misunderstood your point

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum