Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

WA Building Company

Page 1 of 2
Hey Guys,

Long time reader first time poster, I love this forum I have found some amazing advice already!

I was wondering If anyone here has built with WA Building Company? How was your experience with them overall? I have signed my building contract with them and hopefully slab will be going down next month!

Also wondering If anyone who had built with them, had any prestart prices they may be able to share with me?

Thanks everyone
zachary98
Hey Guys,

Long time reader first time poster, I love this forum I have found some amazing advice already!

I was wondering If anyone here has built with WA Building Company? How was your experience with them overall? I have signed my building contract with them and hopefully slab will be going down next month!

Also wondering If anyone who had built with them, had any prestart prices they may be able to share with me?

Thanks everyone

hi Mate,

i'm also building with them have you done your prestart?
You might want to look at Facebook group $honky Builders WA (you need to join) there is a bit on them there by the looks of it

mkbdard
zachary98
Hey Guys,

Thanks everyone

hi Mate,

Hey Mate,

I'm booked in for prestart In July
How has your build been with them so far?
Doozer1905
You might want to look at Facebook group $honky Builders WA (you need to join) there is a bit on them there by the looks of it

Oh really? That's disapointing, I'll have to have a look! Thanks for your reply
zachary98
mkbdard
zachary98
Hey Guys,

Thanks everyone

hi Mate,

Hey Mate,

I'm booked in for prestart In July
How has your build been with them so far?

hey mate,

only just got finance approval haven't even done my pre start yet.
but I have asked for costing for some upgrades.

what are you thinking of changing or upgrading?
I only just got finance approved last week, I think prestart is booked up for a while.

I wanted to upgrade a few things, not too much but to name a few:

-Upgrade the laundry steel basin to a sink/built in cupboard
-Shower niches in both ensuite and bathroom
-Built in shower bench for the ensuite (it's a double shower so plenty of room)
-Inset kitchen sink vs the regular under mount

Hopefully these will be achievable
I'll keep you updated mate!
zachary98
I only just got finance approved last week, I think prestart is booked up for a while.

I wanted to upgrade a few things, not too much but to name a few:

-Upgrade the laundry steel basin to a sink/built in cupboard
-Shower niches in both ensuite and bathroom
-Built in shower bench for the ensuite (it's a double shower so plenty of room)
-Inset kitchen sink vs the regular under mount

Hopefully these will be achievable
I'll keep you updated mate!

shower niche will cost you about $900 if you are not doing it against a double brick wall. as they will have to lay extra bricks in order to cut out the niches. if that's the case you may lose 90mm length or width in both showers.
if not need for bricks i reckon it'll be a few hundred $$$
Thanks for that, I hadn't considered the need for the extra double bricks! Hopefully I can avoid that but I'm happy to pay that, I want the niches quite badly!! Thanks again for your advice
zachary98
Thanks for that, I hadn't considered the need for the extra double bricks! Hopefully I can avoid that but I'm happy to pay that, I want the niches quite badly!! Thanks again for your advice

let me know when you've done your pre start.
mines booked in for end of this month.
I'm definitely upgrading the steel basin in the laundry and want undermount sink. very keen to know how much these upgrades are.
mkbdard
zachary98

I'm definitely upgrading the steel basin in the laundry and want undermount sink. very keen to know how much these upgrades are.

Hi Mate,

Just had pre start on Thursday. I ended up upgrading the laundry steel basin and adding a full length bench in the laundry which I was really happy about.

I didn't end up going for the undermount kitchen sink! It was going to be really expensive, around $1700 if I remember correctly, and the pre start consultant made a really good point, If you have the undermount sink and then accidentally chip the stone bench top you're pretty much screwed! In all honesty the sink that comes as standard was really modern and looked really good anyway!

I am waiting on prices now, as on pre start day they will write everything up and it takes a few weeks to get everything priced up, then sent back to me so I can choose what I want to go ahead with.

Let me know how you go and when I find out some prices I'll keep you updated
zachary98
mkbdard
zachary98

Hi Mate,

Just had pre start on Thursday. I ended up upgrading the laundry steel basin and adding a full length bench in the laundry which I was really happy about.

I didn't end up going for the undermount kitchen sink! It was going to be really expensive, around $1700 if I remember correctly, and the pre start consultant made a really good point, If you have the undermount sink and then accidentally chip the stone bench top you're pretty much screwed! In all honesty the sink that comes as standard was really modern and looked really good anyway!

I am waiting on prices now, as on pre start day they will write everything up and it takes a few weeks to get everything priced up, then sent back to me so I can choose what I want to go ahead with.

Let me know how you go and when I find out some prices I'll keep you updated

wow $1700...... thats crazy.

let me guess was your laundry design originally
- 4 shelf linen and just the steel basin?

did they give you and idea how much that would cost?
$1700 is definitely crazy and unfortunately I couldn’t justify spending that much on something that really wasn’t going to make a huge difference.

Yes that’s exactly what the laundry layout was originally!! Ended up moving the linen cupboard to the opposite wall and moving the basin to the end of the laundry to make better use of the space and also to allow room for the bench, they couldn’t give me a price there and then although because I deleted the wall where the linen was, I should get some credit for that!

My consultant Sharon was absolutely fantastic, really knew her stuff and helped me move a lot of things including the layout of my ensuite to make better use of the space, she is worth her weight in gold! Good luck when you go for yours!
zachary98
$1700 is definitely crazy and unfortunately I couldn’t justify spending that much on something that really wasn’t going to make a huge difference.

Yes that’s exactly what the laundry layout was originally!! Ended up moving the linen cupboard to the opposite wall and moving the basin to the end of the laundry to make better use of the space and also to allow room for the bench, they couldn’t give me a price there and then although because I deleted the wall where the linen was, I should get some credit for that!

My consultant Sharon was absolutely fantastic, really knew her stuff and helped me move a lot of things including the layout of my ensuite to make better use of the space, she is worth her weight in gold! Good luck when you go for yours!

Hang on a minute. They let you shift/delete internal walls?
Yeah that laundry plan sounds good
Yes they did! I was surprised too but honestly the whole process was great, very exciting stuff! I’ll update on prices when I get them
zachary98
Hey Guys,

Thanks everyone

Could I suggest doing a thorough due diligence, we have some articles on our page that may be of use too.
zachary98
Yes they did! I was surprised too but honestly the whole process was great, very exciting stuff! I’ll update on prices when I get them

Sweet man
I'm also really keen to know what these guys are like. I've just spoken to a consultant and am meeting them next week to go over what they can offer me. I'm on a tight budget but the consultant has assured me that they would be able to offer me something. I'll also be seeking finance vis keystart so fingers crossed. Good luck with your build mate. Exciting times
chasethesun
I'm also really keen to know what these guys are like. I've just spoken to a consultant and am meeting them next week to go over what they can offer me. I'm on a tight budget but the consultant has assured me that they would be able to offer me something. I'll also be seeking finance vis keystart so fingers crossed. Good luck with your build mate. Exciting times

Danny from wa building is your man mate if you can get in contact with him.
Building with him at the moment
Doozer1905

Have a look at site called productreview, they are good. They give you stats from "Recommended" to "Avoid" and if the "Avoids" are statistically too many, then do not choose that builder.
Related
11/05/2024
insulation company Sydney

Building A New House

faultless is hard to find, talk to your builder because it has real potential to hold up the schedule so needs to someone they work well with. I agree it is frustrating to…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum