Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Review our floor plan - First Home Build

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

Firstly, I want to say that I absolutely love this forum and i've learnt a lot reading about all of your experiences and suggestions.

We are extremely close to the tender stage with Rawson Homes. I want to make sure we take the opportunity to receive as much advice as possible.

I have attached our floor plan and the brief is pretty simple: What would you change, think about or include?

Relevant Notes:
- Our block is South East facing
- Corner block next to a "collector road"
- Interested in maximising the natural light while taking into account that we want the house to be cool in summer and warm in winter

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kofi B
Hi All,

Firstly, I want to say that I absolutely love this forum and i've learnt a lot reading about all of your experiences and suggestions.

We are extremely close to the tender stage with Rawson Homes. I want to make sure we take the opportunity to receive as much advice as possible.

I have attached our floor plan and the brief is pretty simple: What would you change, think about or include?

Relevant Notes:
- Our block is South East facing
- Corner block next to a "collector road"
- Interested in maximising the natural light while taking into account that we want the house to be cool in summer and warm in winter

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

unable to read dimensions but my suggestions (subject to available space) would be to :
1. add a shower to the downstairs guest bathroom and use biw instead of wiw for more space in guest bathroom and bed 5
2. garage entry door opening into laundry/mudroom and then entry to central hallway and lose door into pantry
3. keep the pantry accessed only from kitchen and move sink and dw to outside wall
4. use biw instead of wiw for more spacious minor bedrooms
5. swop rumpus and bed 4
6 separate powder room and generous family bathroom for sharing
7. alternate master entry allows for lest wasted hallway and more bathrooms space
Thank you! This was really helpful. The only thing we didn't implement was the shower as we opted to use the space for a study niche instead. Thoughts?
definitely add shower to downstairs
you know there is a broken leg in your future
or at least old age
This is exactly what my mum said. Can't always get up those stairs...
Related
17/05/2024
Laminated floor AC4 or AC5 for first floor

Building A New House

bec of more thickness and underlay i prefer laminate. also my builder covers laminate only.

26/10/2023
Builder Charging to Review Independent Reports

Building A New House

It is true that a builder can ignore your independent inspection report as it is not part of the contractual arrangement but that is stupid because he cannot avoid fixing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum