Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Two pyrolytic ovens?

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Curious to hear what everyone who has two ovens has done with their microwave. Where did you put it? I'm contemplating replacing one of the ovens with a smaller combination microwave oven. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks
microwaves are best placed under bench in a dedicated cabinet, the Australian standards has relevant codes to the max height of a microwave, I believe its 1350 (if someone else could please confirm).

Or you can get a combi oven/microwave that is the same size as its twin oven so they look similar. Stack them side by side or above one another.
I always recommend going for a combi microwave oven rather than a microwave space. It gives you the versatility of 2 ovens (some offer steam, oven/grill and microwave) when needed and it looks seemless.
Combi ovens are usually 450 high so work best as a stack.
We will be having two ovens and the microwave will be above the second oven both of which will be located in an oven tower located between the main kitchen and the butlers pantry. The microwave/oven configuration is similar to what we already have in our old house... we find the heights work well for us. The microwave is approximately 1100mm above floor level. Each to their own, but we don't like under bench microwaves.
robw17
We will be having two ovens and the microwave will be above the second oven both of which will be located in an oven tower located between the main kitchen and the butlers pantry. The microwave/oven configuration is similar to what we already have in our old house... we find the heights work well for us. The microwave is approximately 1100mm above floor level. Each to their own, but we don't like under bench microwaves.

That's great use of space.
Related
29/05/2024
Two sinks? Seeking advice with scullery/kitchen layout

Kitchen Corner

What is the distance between the island and the bench please?

4/03/2024
Two storey house construction cost

Building A New House

there is a few calculators you can use if you just google it

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum