Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Transporting soil from a nearby lot

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, building my first home and my lot is on a slope which needs soil fill. And 4 lots away from mine is a new home being constructed and they've got soil excavated from their lot. They said I can take if I need the soil but I think transporting it to my lot is going to be a problem as it's around 3 or 4 truck loads of soil and the distance would be 50 -80m.

Any idea on how to proceed on this? Do you think I should arrange the transportation with trucks or he should be doing that?

Or is there any easier/cost-effective way to solve this problem? Any suggestions are welcome.
Thank you in advance
Jump on Gumtree and find someone with a tipper ute or small truck. Agree on a price to do the job. Gumtree is great for little odd jobs.
Wheelbarrow and shovel over a weekend
If you are talking truck loads I'm guessing you are talking about many cubic metres.
You'll want a bobcat and depending on distance possibly use their truck. If it was only 40m you may just be able to get the bobcat to drive back and forth but if he has to drive down the street some way he may have to load the truck then tip it and spread it out for you.
As far as costs go, your neighbour needs to get rid of soil so would have to pay for a bobcat and tipping fee's, you are saving him the tipping fee's so why not see if he will share the costs. Should only cost you a couple of hundred each at most.
Ok I'll Bite.. That's 30-40m3 -> 300-400 wheelbarrows
Hire a Dingo and compactor for a weekend and its done
also be mindful of the neighbours on Sunday check with the council
Cheers
Do you think I should arrange the transportation with trucks or he should be doing that?

This lol, They say you can have the soil and you think think they should move for you also? lol

Look into best options for you to move it. A few friends and wheelbarrows or pay for a truck to move and dump
Thanks all. I'll probably go with a tipper guy from gumtree
A few points:

I think it would be best to talk to your builder before you bring anything to site, it might save you a whole heap of headaches in the future..
Related
19/07/2023
Shallow lot designs

General Discussion

Would anyone on this forum know of a builder/company in Brisbane with house designs for a shallow block. I have a block 20 x 20 so with front and rear set backs I need a…

20/09/2023
Zero Lot Issue & Need Idea

General Discussion

You must be new to the internet. You're also the only person anyone here has ever heard of washing their garage wall. I hate to break it to you, there are insects and…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum