Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

$400k enough to build 5brm home in Brisbane?

Page 1 of 1
Is $400k a reasonable budget for a 5brm build in Brisbane?

I want 2 storey, 5bedrooms upstairs (ideally, though 4 up.and one down OK), home office and media room plus usual main rooms downstairs. Nothing super fancy but would be nice to be able to extend over time.

Reckon my budget reasonable for a 5brm build in Bris or am I dreaming? 😂

Can anyone recommend a good local builder in my budget? 😊
I'm not from Brisbane, but I'd be very sceptical of any builder who could pull of a home that size without some serious shortcuts and the most basic fit-out.
Is building new more expensive than buying? Because house and land, I've found really nice 5brm houses that seem to work out cheaper than if I buy land and build myself.

Just the layouts often don't quite fit my needs, that's why I thought I should try build myself.

I had imagined building would work out cheaper for some reason, but it doesn't seem that way so far

The cheapest land I found would only leave me with around $400K max to build
Buying established normally works out cheaper (depending on a few variables).
Covid-19 has also increased build costs a bit.
Even if you could find a builder who could lock in a 400k build, you're still left without a driveway, paving, fencing, landscaping, window coverings, and in some cases floor coverings. I really doubt it would he possible to get away with much under 500k.
[quote="brisnicki":2jb8fald]Is $400k a reasonable budget for a 5brm build in Brisbane?

I want 2 storey, 5bedrooms upstairs (ideally, though 4 up.and one down OK), home office and media room plus usual main rooms downstairs. Nothing super fancy but would be nice to be able to extend over time.

Can anyone recommend a good local builder in my budget? 😊[/quote:2jb8fald]

I want exactly this. I'm currently looking at Ownit homes, recommended by a friend and the real estate agent who sold us the land.

We're looking at doing a modified version of the panorama, hoping to have the lounge room as a bedroom upstairs, but the existing bedrooms are pretty small.

Theyve quoted us 475 for the panorama as is. Full turn key

The aspen has been quoted for less, 455 I think it was. You may be able to make the loungeroom upstairs a bedroom too.

Hope this helps.
You may like to try planbuild homes. I found their pricing to be very competitive and our build was fairly painless.
Planbuild has just gone into liquidation. I built a few times with them and they were great.
iknowitsserious
\"brisnicki":2jb8fald
Is $400k a reasonable budget for a 5brm build in Brisbane?

Can anyone recommend a good local builder in my budget? 😊[/quote:2jb8fald]

I want exactly this. I'm currently looking at Ownit homes, recommended by a friend and the real estate agent who sold us the land.

We're looking at doing a modified version of the panorama, hoping to have the lounge room as a bedroom upstairs, but the existing bedrooms are pretty small.

Theyve quoted us 475 for the panorama as is. Full turn key

The aspen has been quoted for less, 455 I think it was. You may be able to make the loungeroom upstairs a bedroom too.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, just saw your reply. Thanks for the suggestion!
You can try Eden Brae's Bristol 30. Meets your requirements and the package price with basic site costs is $369K. We are building the same and currently looking at $450K without driveway, landscaping, fences etc with basic inclusions.
I am building a 5BR house in Sydney for around that price. We did get lots of upgrades such as 2 master bedrooms, tricked out butler's pantry, big windows etc. One caveat is that we build single storey. Given that Brisbane should be more reasonable than Sydney, I think you could get something at $420k. Your upgrades will really determine your price.
No Chance what was a simple system (Building your home) has now become very complex
Law of unintended consequences
You can best prepare yourself by having 3D AEC Bim data /proofs, costs, information, etc... LOL even then it may not be enough unless you factor in fire, flood and plague?
But 100% better than what 's on offer currently.. OT information is Power to choose
Cheers
Chris
ManDam
I am building a 5BR house in Sydney for around that price. We did get lots of upgrades such as 2 master bedrooms, tricked out butler's pantry, big windows etc. One caveat is that we build single storey. Given that Brisbane should be more reasonable than Sydney, I think you could get something at $420k. Your upgrades will really determine your price.

Hi ManDam,

Are you building single story or double storey house?Who are you building with and what size?
Thanks
Harris
ManDam

Hi ManDam,

Are you building single story or double storey house?Who are you building with and what size?
Thanks

Hi Harris,

We are building with King homes in NSW. Single storey house. Dont think King homes are present in QLD.
Related
5/06/2024
Build house under $400k?

Building A New House

Hello. So I'm seeking to build a home on my family farm with the eventual aim of taking over the family business. We are a young family and are just in the process of…

14/03/2024
PCA needed for EBH or Tyrell is good enough

Building A New House

Most of the time, council will push you out to a private certifier as it ties up their limited resources. Where a builder has gone belly up, the certifier passes the file…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum