Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Too much white?

Page 1 of 1
Hey all, just trying to decide on external colours. Is this too much white? Not enough contrast in colours? Was originally going with monument roof but think the surfmist will keep the house cooler.

Dune is a nice colour for main render and you can make contrast by a darker grey like colorbond Basalt for feature render together with Monument window frames.

For downpipes, one option is to match the colour with the brick colour and ask the builder to paint the downpipes on the render to the render colour. My builder suggested this in the prestart meeting.

Surfmist is a good choice for the roof in my opinion
Related
13/06/2023
Concreting surface too high

Paving & Concreting

It will be neat but you won't have much freeboard. At least they are not weep holes. Are you in a high intensity rainfall region? The regulatory slope is only required…

23/02/2024
Am I too heavy for the roof cavity?

General Discussion

Firstly, if your house is still under builder's warranty (10 years in Victoria) you should have no need to crawl into roof space but let the builder handle it, unless you…

30/01/2024
Help Staircase void too small

Building A New House

Not sure if that works? I was told the issue is the headspace clearance requirement on step 4. My builder is proposing shifting the beam 310mm towards the kitchen...I'm…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum