Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

External Colour help

Page 1 of 1
Building a new house, we have chosen our bricks as below, but are having trouble trying to work out the rest of the colours. Would love some suggestions for the roof, garage and particularly the render. See house plan:

And bricks:

Thank you!
I really love your brick choice & facade!
Honestly, I wish that I had spent more time thinking about my own external selections - they were very last minute, rushed decisions

If it were me I would be looking at using a light-coloured render color because I'm a HUGE fan of contrast, maybe something like surfmist? For the roof, probably monument, which I would also match to the roller door (although you could match the render if you're worried about it being too dark).

I did a little mockup for you, nothing too fancy but you get the idea. In my opinion surfmist appears a little less cream in person, so would recommend getting paint samples! I feel like it matches light/white brick mortar nicely

For your windows, either black or monument may look nice! And then a dark timber front door (merbau maybe)?

Anyway... those are my thoughts!
I saw this colour brick recently, matched with jarrah and it looked lovely. So perhaps jarrah garage door and jarrah door? I’d probably match the render to the mortar colour in your bricks.
Related
6/03/2024
HELP! External Sheathing on a timber frame. Builder unsure?

Building A New House

Thanks Pulse, thats really helpful and very much appreciated. Also thanks for the pointer on sheathing, thats me watching too many american youtube videos!

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum