Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Volume Builder Recommendations for Concept Design (NSW)

Page 1 of 1
We're just taking the first steps to embark on our new build adventure - knocking down our existing home on a narrow block (approx 10m frontage)

We've had an architect friend draw up some design concepts for us to our design brief. They've suggested that we might be able to find and convince a volume builder to take on our project by making variations to an existing design, rather than engaging a bespoke builder.

Based on our design concept, can anyone recommend any builders in Sydney who might be worth approaching? We are looking to go with medium finishes.

You could most certainly approach a volume builder. I think you’ll find very suitable floor plans. Only thing that looks a lot different to a lot of floor plans I’ve seen is that little courtyard opposite the kitchen. Not to say it can’t be done. We modified the heck out of a standard floor plan. It can be done- but it will add to the cost so be prepared to spend a fair bit above the base house price for significant changes

From memory, fowler homes allow for custom builds e.g. bring your own.
They’re also pretty flexible with their own plans and let you customise to suit your needs.
What’s your budget per sqm?
gogo65
What’s your budget per sqm?

About $1800/sqm
Related
22/11/2023
Volume Builder Recommendations - Sloping block - Melbourne.

Building A New House

i did click it, still couldnt make it out rofl. in any case, doesnt look like too extreme a slope, you may be in luck. Just shoot out some emails to volume builders in…

23/05/2024
Project/volume builder recommendations - Sydney

Building A New House

VERY important to understand that each franchise is a independent business, so there are bad franchises out there as well as good (no different from a Bakers Delight…

15/06/2024
Volume Builder DA requesting tree removal

Building A New House

In my council in Vic, before even starting on the plans my builder asked me to engage the council about a tree on the footpath that was in the way for a driveway. They had…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum