Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Super White Natural Stone

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone

I'm trying to decide on our island bench finish. Our kitchen is our splurge item in the house, and our island bench in particular I'm hoping will be the feature. Can anyone provide feedback on Super White natural stone? I was hoping to use this as our island bench finish and potentially for our splashback also.

Thanks!
build2020
Hi everyone

I'm trying to decide on our island bench finish. Our kitchen is our splurge item in the house, and our island bench in particular I'm hoping will be the feature. Can anyone provide feedback on Super White natural stone? I was hoping to use this as our island bench finish and potentially for our splashback also.

Thanks!

I am assuming something similar - https://www.caesarstone.com.au/colour/1111-vivid-white ?
Thanks, I was referring to the Super White Dolomite
...https://www.cdkstone.com.au/product/super-white/
I wish I could afford it! It would cost me about $18k just for the stone in our kitchen..
Natural stones always come with tons of maintenance related items.

Would chose artificial stone over natural stone any time of a day.

I really don't want to spend most of my time at the kitchen on worrying how not to spoil or damage it after paid $XX,XXX.

"

1. If a spill should occur, clean up before the stain has a chance to penetrate the surface. Dolomite is porous and will stain with beetroot, red wine, some herbs and spices such as saffron or turmeric if left too long on the surface.
  2. Generally, you can clean your Dolomite with soapy hot water. Resealing your Dolomite top every year will ensure longevity.
  3. Never use harsh acidic cleaning chemicals on your Dolomite as they will etch the surface. Only use non-acidic cleaners and or stone specific cleaners which you can purchase from all major super markets.
  4. If stains do happen, remove them with a poultice. You can buy commercial products from your fabricator or hardware store. But in most cases a poultice of baking soda and water will work. Please discuss with your stone supplier should you have any concerns. Containers such as olive oil bottles are often hard to keep completely dry, and the layer of olive oil on the bottom of the bottle will discolor the Dolomite. Leave these types of containers on a shelf or in a cabinet.
  5. Use a cutting board when preparing food. Cutting directly on the Dolomite will damage both your knives and the countertop. Bacteria from meats and other ingredients will get into the pores of the Dolomite, while oils or acidic ingredients could stain and etch.
  6. Place trivets under any hot pots or pans as direct contact may cause a burn mark or “thermal shock especially if the pan has rust on it.
  7. These are just points to ensure you are fully aware of the stones limitations. Dolomite can always be repaired or deep cleaned. Please contact your stone supplier if you have any queries or difficulties.
    And remember, you chose this stone because it’s beautiful and it makes you happy. Make sure you enjoy it and remember to tell its story………….it took billions of years to make."

As the last item says, if it makes you happy, go for it!
We originally wanted that too but didnt fancy the upkeep that comes with natural stone, specially for the kitchen! So we are using the superwhite porcelain for our island bench, have a look at wk stone, it looks unreal x
It's a massive splurge to get the natural stone version for kitchen and island. We had it quoted and it was about $70k to do island, splash back (with window) and bench in natural stone. The porcelain version is about $15k for the same effect. They look the same and the maintenance levels of the porcelain will be much better. As someone else said the maintenance is very stressful too!
That is a considerable difference in price! Will have a look at the porcelain alternative. Thanks
Leeota
We originally wanted that too but didnt fancy the upkeep that comes with natural stone, specially for the kitchen! So we are using the superwhite porcelain for our island bench, have a look at wk stone, it looks unreal x

Will definitely have a look at the porcelain. Which one is it on the WK stone website?
Related
3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

10/12/2023
Small black specks appearing on new white Caesar Stone

Kitchen Corner

Thankyou for your advice. We do have Caesar coming out and hopefully resolve the issue for us.

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum