Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Within 1.0m Offset Of The Easement Question

Page 1 of 1
We are building in Berwick and have 3-meter easement at the rear of our block. We knew that we can't construct over the 3-metre easement. So we planned to have a room at the rear of our house 510mm away from the easement. Now when our plan is finalised, our builder sent us an agreement form from Casey council that states if we build over the easement or even within 1.0m offset of the Council asset, these terms will be applicable. I am adding our house plan that shows our building is 510mm away from the easement and 1050mm away from the stormwater pipe under it. I am also adding the agreement screenshot. Can anyone please guide if 1m offset means the distance from the 3m easement area or the stormwater pipe? Because agreement says "1m offset from council asset". So I am assuming the pipe as council asset? Should we worry about this agreement or how risky it is? Or if it is even applicable to us as our wall is 1050mm away from the easement pipe?

I believe 1.0m offset from council asset means setback from the stormwater pipe which council owns. I would suggest you ring City of Casey and talk to someone from engineering who should be able to clarify.
Do you have to build that close to easement? I would prefer to leave more room in case in future Council needs to excavate around stormwater pipe; I would be uncomfortable with excavation too close to house.
Related
8/02/2024
Offset Hinges

Renovation + Home Improvement

Yes, I had already tried searching those. In the end I am fabricating my own.

19/08/2023
Easement and building garage to boundary

Renovation + Home Improvement

You should be able to encase the sewer but you will need it designed and approved and access to lot 580 to do the work

15/08/2023
Is this a bad situation - easement and manhole on property

General Discussion

You might be able to apply to divert the sewer at your expense. In NSW you would contact a Water services co-ordinator and they would give you advice as to whether or not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum