Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Doing floor tiles post handover

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone
Just was reading the "things you forget" list and noticed this..

Curious to see if anyone Has actually done tiles post hand over?

mustard
Hi everyone
Just was reading the "things you forget" list and noticed this..

Curious to see if anyone Has actually done tiles post hand over?

We are planning on doing vinyl post handover, but my parents did tiles post handover when they built a couple years ago.
You just need to know what types of tiles and the thickness. So that the flooring around the house can be levelled with the wet areas, carpet areas and doors gaps.

Might want to confirm with your bank if you are borrowing too. I was tempted to do this, but the bank wouldn't approve a house that wasn't fit for occupancy, they said that was pushing the boundary for owner builder, and they don't do loans for that. I left other stuff out like driveway and pathways, but leaving out the flooring was too much.
Related
10/06/2024
Doing driveway after handover

Building A New House

Hi All, We are finalising our plans & preliminary tender with Metricon in NSW Central Coast. We need to go through DA process rather than CDC. We're debating whether…

30/06/2023
The 'Do's' to Doing it Yourself

Renovation + Home Improvement

The DIY project can be broken into two major steps. Planning and Design and Construction. Both of these steps are as important as one another to ensure you give…

30/08/2023
Pest control. What is doing this?

General Discussion

Hi group, have some damage to the door frame and skirting board. It's a side door to the laundry area. Only has a security door. I had a termite inspection (note drill…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum