Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes general build thread

Page 500 of 579
They will become loose wether sink or benchtop mounted its no different either way. They are both fixed in place the same way.

If it becomes loose you simply tighten it back up just about all top mount sinks are designed to have the tap mounted on them.

The only reason it may be a poor mount option on the sink itself is if its a heavy tap on a standard stainless sink in which case it may flex.

Caydenn
Corallake
Tracyt
Did anyone get the Franke sink and Dorf mixer like this one? It's the same as the my choice display.

They have mounted it on the sink instead of the stone as was listed in the contract. Want to check if it is stable enough??

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959

Why would they do that? The spout comes quite forward. I hate to say it but with time (it may feel solid now) it possibly will start to loosen up. It's their mistake and I would get it rectified to the original plan.

Have to agree here ^ Our design consultant insisted on stone mounting our mixer because over time they do apparently become loose when basin mounted.

Mine are through the stone and even they have come loose so I would absolutely insist on this being changed

MrsJM
Caydenn
Corallake
[quote="Tracyt"]Did anyone get the Franke sink and Dorf mixer like this one? It's the same as the my choice display.

They have mounted it on the sink instead of the stone as was listed in the contract. Want to check if it is stable enough??

Follow our Build:

Why would they do that? The spout comes quite forward. I hate to say it but with time (it may feel solid now) it possibly will start to loosen up. It's their mistake and I would get it rectified to the original plan.

Have to agree here ^ Our design consultant insisted on stone mounting our mixer because over time they do apparently become loose when basin mounted.

Mine are through the stone and even they have come loose so I would absolutely insist on this being changed

[/quote]

I had this installed 3 months (in December) after I moved in and its still very tight. I use it several times a day:

Could be the plumber didn't do a good job?

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406[/quote]

vonsta76
MrsJM
Caydenn
[quote="Corallake"][quote="Tracyt"]Did anyone get the Franke sink and Dorf mixer like this one? It's the same as the my choice display.

Follow our Build:

[/quote]

I had this installed 3 months (in December) after I moved in and its still very tight. I use it several times a day:

[/quote]Is that mounted on a franke sink Vonsta?

Follow our Build:
Tracyt
vonsta76
MrsJM
[quote="Caydenn"][quote="Corallake"][quote="Tracyt"]Did anyone get the Franke sink and Dorf mixer like this one? It's the same as the my choice display.

Follow our Build:

[/quote]

[/quote]Is that mounted on a franke sink Vonsta?

Follow our Build:
forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=85959[/quote]

Oh sorry no, I should have mentioned it was installed in the stone like Mrs. I only changed the mixer that I got from the my choice showroom because I didn't like the length of the nozzle and it was very impractical and messy.

Our build start date is on the 14th of Nov, Land owner has already build the retaining wall for us on all sides. Just wondering what type of work will start on day 1 of our build.
Any ideas?
Anand C
Our build start date is on the 14th of Nov, Land owner has already build the retaining wall for us on all sides. Just wondering what type of work will start on day 1 of our build.
Any ideas?

We had cut on day one & porta loo
congrats so exciting do you have a thread for us to follow?

For sale
Pick up Mundoolun
Screen door new 2040 x 1210 with closer $300 is new - didn't like it on our front entrance so took it off day we of handover

We finally have official times and dates

PCI: Monday 13th November 2017

Handover: Friday 24th November 2017

Thanks for all the advice for the kitchen mixer. We have asked for this to be installed according to our Tender letter.

We have also requested a refund on our sound proofing- they missed a wall!

Sealing garage floor: 24th November 2017

Landscaping: 27th November 2017

Solar Install: 5th December 2017

Can't wait to just live again!
It's been a year since we got our pre-approval and started this journey. I'm simply exhausted

Follow our Build:
Tracyt

Thanks for all the advice for the kitchen mixer. We have asked for this to be installed according to our Tender letter.

Solar Install: 4th December 2017

It's been a year since we got our pre-approval and started this journey. I'm simply exhausted

Follow our Build:

Woohoo that’s so exciting
yes it’s a long process but worth it in the end I’m sure

Dylandbrooke
brodav83
Dylandbrooke
Hi Guys
Did you get charged for stormwater, wastewater, water and electrical connections?
If so, would you mind sharing how much?
I read in the inclusions that an allowance for these is included. In my tender letter i have 4k of fees for these connections :/

Ummm what!!! Fixed price contract includes connection to services. What is their justification for extra costs??

I wanted to check and make sure that no one else had these costs in their tender before I ask why im being slugged extra. So im guessing you don't have connection costs included in your tender?
The fixed price includes land up to 600m2 and ours is 632m2 - surely we aren't paying 4k for that extra 32m2.

I remember looking at the photos of your tender that you put on your page and by looking at it, I think the extra fees are due to rock excavation.

Oh i never thought of that! Thanks bestspecials
That's very close now!!

Anyone know what the conditions need to be like to pour a slab?

Gold Coast is in for a drenching over the next 2 weeks and I think this is going to make the soil pretty muddy, anyone have any experience with that they do?
Caydenn
Anyone know what the conditions need to be like to pour a slab?

Gold Coast is in for a drenching over the next 2 weeks and I think this is going to make the soil pretty muddy, anyone have any experience with that they do?

Typically, it should depend on the soil conditions, as the more reactive the soil, the more susceptible it would be to slab heaving. (Soil swelling with the water and shrinking when drying out). If you have engineering dwgs, you could get further information from the structural engineer if you wanted a more definitive answer.
Tracyt

Solar Install: 5th December 2017

Do you remember how much the sound proofing cost you? And did u do it in just one room or the whole house?

Follow our Build:
Those with tiled splash backs does it wrap around both ends or just one? & if only one does it look strange (uneven?) just thinking if we could ask to only have splash back and not ends tiled?!?! Any pics would be awesome

Jump on my page and you will find mine

dougang287

Thanks Ang but ours have fridge one end and wall nib the other so wanting to know if they tile both ends? Your lucky to have doorways either end so it doesn't matter

BrownDog77
dougang287

Thanks Ang but ours have fridge one end and wall nib the other so wanting to know if they tile both ends? Your lucky to have doorways either end so it doesn't matter

If you have cabinentry on one end they wont tile over the top of it. Only where plaster is

Related
18/09/2023
General questions about building before I go to my builder

Building A New House

You should check your detail drawings, it may show downpipe within brick pier.

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum