Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 497 of 723
Hey Daz obviously your whole. Block is not contained within the construction fence yeh?

Is that how u r able to hav done ur shed and fences?

Our whole block is gated off and we can't get in anywhere!

Nat and Dan
Hey Daz obviously your whole. Block is not contained within the construction fence yeh?

Is that how u r able to hav done ur shed and fences?

Our whole block is gated off and we can't get in anywhere!

Yeah that's correct. Our block is 3000sqm so they have only just fenced around the house. It would have cost them to much $$$$ to do the whole block.

Daz
Oh damn I'm jealous lol I wish we still had access to our block!

Nat and Dan
this is the back of the house as that's where they started!

Can u tell I'm a little excited lol

Looks great - so happy to see you excited about your build

Can i ask, regarding bricks - do you find these bricks are more brown than grey or vice versa? I seen them on a house in the flesh and they looked grey and now everytime i see them in a pic - they look more dark brown
Yay! We are getting pegged Monday and scraped Wednesday!

jomarshall

How Exciting. Good luck

No Update from Us so far this week, I actually have kept myself away from the site for almost a week. (Amazing) I blame Day-light savings stopping and lockup.

We are however meeting our SS onsite tomorrow morning to get an update of where we are at, check on when bricks are starting and approve our Tiles that are being delivered today. (Plus I get a Good sticky Beak of the inside)
Hi
Just thinking does anyone have pics of the smaller length handles for their kitchen, i have picked the smaller length one, i know it shouldn't detract but just want to see what it looks like.
Cheers
Week 13 progress

Interior carpentry finished, Tiles done & a nice surprise with the bench tops getting installed. Nothing will be done next week then the painter starts the Monday after that.
Happy Dayz.
Creedy.

creedyflyr
Week 13 progress

Interior carpentry finished, Tiles done & a nice surprise with the bench tops getting installed. Nothing will be done next week then the painter starts the Monday after that.
Happy Dayz.
Creedy.

Looking Really good, Have they indicated how much longer they will be on the build, it does seem to be going fairly fast
nice to see progress for Nat and Dan, things are happening for you guys now. Good stuff!

We just got our approval to proceed from the bank. So now we have to give them that nice chunk of cash from our bank account. But that's great, should mean we'll be finally kicking off with this build in about a month – yahooo!
DanP
nice to see progress for Nat and Dan, things are happening for you guys now. Good stuff!

We just got our approval to proceed from the bank. So now we have to give them that nice chunk of cash from our bank account. But that's great, should mean we'll be finally kicking off with this build in about a month – yahooo!

Congrats on the approval.
Casey1983
Nat and Dan
this is the back of the house as that's where they started!

Can u tell I'm a little excited lol

Looks great - so happy to see you excited about your build

Can i ask, regarding bricks - do you find these bricks are more brown than grey or vice versa? I seen them on a house in the flesh and they looked grey and now everytime i see them in a pic - they look more dark brown

When we saw them originally on houses they were definitly dark grey but now ours have arrived on site they are dark brown. I still love the colour but very different from what I remember lol

jomarshall

Yay!!! How exciting!! It begins!!!! Congratulations!!

Creedy love the black look!! What colour are your bathroom tiles? They look fantastic!!!

Congrats j and a! Still moving along quickly!! Hope the SS has good news about ur bricks happening!

We are about 3/4 of the way through ours now! We should be done by mid next week I think! Maybe our brickies can come visit u next lol!

Looking great Creedy.

We went to the house today. The plumbers were there with the stone guys.

Both are back tomorrow to finish their parts.

Daz

creedyflyr
Week 13 progress

Happy Dayz.
Creedy.

Great colour scheme, love the solna nero tiles in the bathroom-we chose them too and the kitchen looks great.
Thanks guys!
Those bricks are looking great Nat and Dan! Must be soooo good to see progress finally!
Creedy, house is looking great! Week 13, gosh they have flown through it! Daz 4 Bec, looking good! I think we have similar colours in our kitchen too. I'm wondering if I should have pushed and had the dark colour as all the bottoms rather than just the bar back now!

Oh also! What's the rough time frame from pegging to slab?

jomarshall
Oh also! What's the rough time frame from pegging to slab?

Hi, ours was pegged after CDC, it was scrapped after two weeks just before Good Friday, piering after a week, POds delivered on a Saturday installed it on Monday, slab done onTuesday, one day ahead of their schedule, now waiting for the slab to settled...SS told me it will take 5days to settle...
Thanks! So a good couple of weeks then!

Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum