Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first build: "Bridgewater" by Gj's Shoalhaven

Page 50 of 59
Ahh taptalk unfollowed me from your thread since Tuesday

Yay for cornice, so so exciting!! Look at the step, omg your split is alive!

Hopefully he can give you a rough timeline

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks Charli!

Sure is

So this mornings meeting went well. We have architraves/doors etc turning up next week and we will be locked out (boo!!) however they will install next week, downpipes should go on in the next couple of weeks, site clean, and then he said either the painter or the tiling will be done depending on availability. Once paint and tiles are done he said its 4-6weeks and we should have handover. PHEW! so crossing fingers we should be getting keys in about 10wks time?!

a bit longer than i'd hoped but apparently he has handed over the last 3 homes almost a month early. so I'm hoping thats the case
needsausername
Thanks Charli!

Sure is

So this mornings meeting went well. We have architraves/doors etc turning up next week and we will be locked out (boo!!) however they will install next week, downpipes should go on in the next couple of weeks, site clean, and then he said either the painter or the tiling will be done depending on availability. Once paint and tiles are done he said its 4-6weeks and we should have handover. PHEW! so crossing fingers we should be getting keys in about 10wks time?!

a bit longer than i'd hoped but apparently he has handed over the last 3 homes almost a month early. so I'm hoping thats the case

Coming along nicely... you and AJB might get the keys before me
Wooohooo final stretch!
Hope you get an actual date soon to work with

Haha thanks Reg. Although I highly doubt that! You're already painted and cabinetry is in!

Thanks BOU! It's a little surreal to hear this is the final stretch of this building caper. This time last year we were thinking we'd have settled on land and start building the following month. Little did we know it wouldn't start until October.

Haha I know that feeling but great it's all coming to an end then it will be landscaping and diy jobs!

Boo on being locked out but yay for weirdos not being able to come in thieve from you!

Must be so good to know you won't be in your little box for too much longer. Hopefully he can hand your beautiful home over a month early too

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Absolutely BOU and charli.

We drove past on our way to the beach this arvo and our water tank is onsite.

And I calculated our contract end period again after realizing they start from slab down not site cut. Damn. It's only an extra 2 weeks but still.
lol

Here's hoping we can still get it end of march

coming along nicely Kym...
Woohoo a water tank
what size is it?

Maybe I need to check my contract because I thought it was from site cut

viewtopic.php?t=83643
It's a 4000ltr.

I thought it was site cut coz the SS said that's what it is. Then I was talking with SC (friend) and she said nope it's slab down. Paperwork I can't remember. I didn't go back to check. Lol

I'm sure you will be in by end march your only slightly behind us and our trades are taking heaps of time so working normal speed I'd say you will def be in around same time as we are

CB our contract states (and confirmed in email from Micah) as site scrap for timing.

Where is your clothes line going? I had thought about that spot for our rainwater but then I had nowhere for the clothesline as I didn't want free standing.

It's looking great, you should have cabinets next - yay a kitchen!!!

Are you thinking of getting the builder to do your retaining wall?

Thanks shell!

I'm yet to decide. I think it will go along the fence line to free up yard space but i haven't decided on anything outside yet. We will get a hinged line for the garage so I can air out in there when raining (handy coz it's also the laundry).

This week is all the internal doors and architraves apparently. Nothing today but they still have 4 more days.

Painters were across the road so quite envious but I know we will get there eventually.

We are waiting for one of the owners to call so we can arrange a site meeting regarding the retaining wall.

As it is, we could potentially stick a fence on our high side and. E done with with but I want to do it properly so I'm sure we can come to some arrangement

It's been far too hot to contemplate walking around there of an afternoon but I'm quite sure there's been no movement between water tank on Friday and this arvo lol

Hi Kym, Read you comment about bulkhead on the other thread...

My ceiling is 2.7 but check my kitchen bulkhead...

As Shel said "why waste that space" ..

Thanks Reg! That looks great and I would have loved to increase the cabinet height but I would have to get a ladder to use it and we had to draw the line with the $ somewhere lol

Bit of a bugger but I guess my compromise is a big WIP and WIL with high ceilings and shelving that I can use.

needsausername
Thanks Reg! That looks great and I would have loved to increase the cabinet height but I would have to get a ladder to use it and we had to draw the line with the $ somewhere lol

Bit of a bugger but I guess my compromise is a big WIP and WIL with high ceilings and shelving that I can use.

I hear you Kym...

(I don't think I am going to use the top shelves..it is just for looks...lol)
Hahaha fair call!!

My top shelve is only to store those things you rarely use like fancy wine glasses, fancy vases and Christmas platters. I use a chair to reach it if I need it.

Waterproofing done!
There was a tile delivery for one of the houses just not sure which one. Would love for it to be ours! Lol

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum