Mojo Homes

Page 50 of 62
PCI pencilled in for next Thursday!
shams

Congratulations

shams

What is PCI ?? Sorry if it is dumb question.

readytomove
shams

Practical Completion Inspection.

House is complete at this stage and you're called in the a final inspection before hand over.
shams
readytomove
shams

Practical Completion Inspection.

House is complete at this stage and you're called in the a final inspection before hand over.
wow that is great. It is end of long journey. Congratulations.

Practical inspection went well, just a few minor paint touch ups required prior to hand over. Also appliciance and aircon unit to be installed as well

Tip: take your inclusions list and make sure you get everything in contract. We picked up on our master built in cabnitry didnt have soft close drawers. Lucky it was minor.
shams
Practical inspection went well, just a few minor paint touch ups required prior to hand over. Also appliciance and aircon unit to be installed as well

Tip: take your inclusions list and make sure you get everything in contract. We picked up on our master built in cabnitry didnt have soft close drawers. Lucky it was minor.

Good point. I got our master bed cupboards upgraded and i dont even recall having this discussion! Hope they are!

Fyi
We have had drainage done last week, frames to arrive today and begin installation next Tuesday which will be the end of week 5 already!

With the shortage of heble contractors im not looking forward to thay conversation 😆😆

Can I have some
Feedback on modification we have done for soul 40?? Changes so far we have done r in red. Changed complete layout of master bedroom. Added linen cupboard upstairs borrowed space from bathroom. Added door to office downstairs, shower, extended living area by a meter and entry near stairs to theatre. Anything that could look odd? Next post I will put original plans for comparing. Thanks all

@readytomove
Think twice before making these changes. The original layout is great. You dont want to mess around too much with rearranging rooms. It closes up your walkin area and might make it feel smaller. oh and it might bring some variations your way as well.
readytomove

I don't see the advantage to what you are planning, I think this wardrobe layout is better, or at least not worth spending money on to change. You could change the left top side of the WIR to a linen cupboard opening from hallway.

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes
shams
@readytomove
Think twice before making these changes. The original layout is great. You dont want to mess around too much with rearranging rooms. It closes up your walkin area and might make it feel smaller. oh and it might bring some variations your way as well.

Shams, which one in particular is alarming? Variations kind of keeping track of with each change as far as sales cons is on the spot. But I would love it feedback. My beggary concern them
Making any mistakes because of variations in drafting.

MandM+4
readytomove

I don't see the advantage to what you are planning, I think this wardrobe layout is better, or at least not worth spending money on to change. You could change the left top side of the WIR to a linen cupboard opening from hallway.

I felt just to have access to small linen quite a bit of space was compromised. And bigger bedroom give me retreat. In my thoughts. U r right. Money is definitive factor.

readytomove
MandM+4
readytomove

I felt just to have access to small linen quite a bit of space was compromised. And bigger bedroom give me retreat. In my thoughts. U r right. Money is definitive factor.

It is a bit of wasted space. I would probably put a walk in linen there. I think it would work if the shelves were in an L-shape.
Otherwise move the bedroom wall there, door level with the wall and have a linen in that left section of BIR, about the same size as the current one.

MandM+4
readytomove
MandM+4
[quote="readytomove"]

It is a bit of wasted space. I would probably put a walk in linen there. I think it would work if the shelves were in an L-shape.

Building Monte Carlo 40- Wisdom homes[/quote]

Sales cons denied saying the width was not enough. But I will take it back to him for sure. I m skeptical about changes in master bedroom too thus asking opinion.

He helped putting linen near general bathroom upstairs. We r small family. And that bathroom was good size so I was ok with loosing it of space in that bathroom to gain double linen space then original.

The question is how to use this space smartly in master bedroom.

readytomove
MandM+4
readytomove
[quote="MandM+4"][quote="readytomove"]

Sales cons denied saying the width was not enough. But I will take it back to him for sure. I m skeptical about changes in master bedroom too thus asking opinion.

He helped putting linen near general bathroom upstairs. We r small family. And that bathroom was good size so I was ok with loosing it of space in that bathroom to gain double linen space then original.

[/quote]

Ok with new linen layout, I think just move the bedroom wall then, leave wardrobe as is.

MandM+4
readytomove
MandM+4
[quote="readytomove"][quote="MandM+4"][quote="readytomove"]

[/quote]

Ok with new linen layout, I think just move the bedroom wall then, leave wardrobe as is.

Is this better??
Pls ignore the lines with pen.

readytomove
MandM+4
readytomove
[quote="MandM+4"][quote="readytomove"][quote="MandM+4"][quote="readytomove"]

[/quote]

Is this better??
Pls ignore the lines with pen.

[/quote]

Sorry, I'm not sure. It needs some tweaking with the wardrobe entry area.
I guess it depends if you want more seating space in your master, or maybe you could come in to the master slightly so that you can have a walk in linen.

Here is what we had drawn up for the master and ensuite. Ignore the dressing room it was a mistake (one of many..) from the drafting team.

My experience with the drafting team is that even if you gave them exact scale drawings of the changes you wanted they still ignored them and drew up something random. Luck of the draw with who you're assigned but I found they were beyond useless.SaveSave
Related
26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

8/01/2024
Mojo Homes, Enigma 46 - Gables NSW

Building A New House

Hi all, We are considering Enigma 46 from Mojo Homes in Gables, NSW. Has anyone built with Mojo and any pointers and feedback. Also, if anyone has built similar design…

2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum