McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 487 of 723
Can anyone advise if mjh offer any additional bonus at colour selection

Building MJH Garden Retreat modified Lot 305 Wattleridge Crescent Kellyville
Ok.
Thanks
Nothing of ours is started and house is sheeted and getting set on Tuesday

Davidr13
Hopefully things start to get moving this week. Land was registered last week. Settlement on Friday of this week. Can anyone tell me if MJH waits to sight my land deed before going any further? I wonder if I should personally attend the settlement, in order to get the deed quicker? Electric appointment on Monday the 13th. Now to push things along, if I can, to get plans into council.

Hi David

I work in a law firm and attend settlements all the time. If you are cash purchaser then your solicitor will collect the Title Deed on settlement; however, if you are borrowing through a bank then your bank will attend settlement and collect the Title Deed as security. If your bank takes the Title Deed on settlement your solicitor will still attend the settlement they just won't receive the Title Deed if you are borrowing through a bank. Also, the Title Deed will not be in your name on settlement. It will still be in the name of the last owner. Whoever collects the Title Deed on settlement (your solicitor or your bank) will have to then send the Title Deed, Transfer, Discharge of Mortgage (if the last owner had a mortgage on the property) and Notice of Sale documents to the LPI (which is the Land Titles Office) and then arrange for the Title Deed and transfer documents to be registered and transferred into your name. Maybe MJH would accept a letter from your Solicitor after settlement confirming that settlement has taken place and that you are now the owner of the property instead of waiting for the Title Deed to be actually transferred into your name. May just save you a week or two, depending on how busy the Land Titles Office is. As far as I know, MJH will require proof of ownership of the land before commencing construction so maybe a letter from your Solicitor will suffice. Hope this makes sense.

CathyLeigh
Saintly 60
Is anticon suggested for colour bond roofs

Building MJH Garden Retreat modified Lot 305 Wattleridge Crescent Kellyville

Hi Saintly60

We had to get the anticon blanket (which was an additional $4,000.00) because we are in a BAL 12.5 bushfire zone. I am glad we are getting it now because the house should be really well insulated.

CathyLeigh
cwiseman
Oh right- yeah we are bag and painting with Manhattan!
Am loving the choice of facade- watching it come together and makes the home so streamlined! I love it

Hey CWiseman

Love watching your house come together with all the photos you post on the forum.
You must be really happy with the way things are progressing. Can't wait to see your bag and paint colour Manhatton because we have chosen it also. We are signing our Building Contract this week. Happy days!!!

CathyLeigh
Yeah we are very happy with or timeline so far! Fingers crossed nothing jinxes us!

Will be sure to post a pic once done- few months away yet

CathyLeigh
Davidr13
Hopefully things start to get moving this week. Land was registered last week. Settlement on Friday of this week. Can anyone tell me if MJH waits to sight my land deed before going any further? I wonder if I should personally attend the settlement, in order to get the deed quicker? Electric appointment on Monday the 13th. Now to push things along, if I can, to get plans into council.

Hi David

I work in a law firm and attend settlements all the time. If you are cash purchaser then your solicitor will collect the Title Deed on settlement; however, if you are borrowing through a bank then your bank will attend settlement and collect the Title Deed as security. If your bank takes the Title Deed on settlement your solicitor will still attend the settlement they just won't receive the Title Deed if you are borrowing through a bank. Also, the Title Deed will not be in your name on settlement. It will still be in the name of the last owner. Whoever collects the Title Deed on settlement (your solicitor or your bank) will have to then send the Title Deed, Transfer, Discharge of Mortgage (if the last owner had a mortgage on the property) and Notice of Sale documents to the LPI (which is the Land Titles Office) and then arrange for the Title Deed and transfer documents to be registered and transferred into your name. Maybe MJH would accept a letter from your Solicitor after settlement confirming that settlement has taken place and that you are now the owner of the property instead of waiting for the Title Deed to be actually transferred into your name. May just save you a week or two, depending on how busy the Land Titles Office is. As far as I know, MJH will require proof of ownership of the land before commencing construction so maybe a letter from your Solicitor will suffice. Hope this makes sense.

CathyLeigh

Hi Cathy

Many thanks for all the good information. It all makes sense to me now. I am a cash purchaser, which might speed things up a bit. Small problem is that I live in Sydney, so my lawyer is here as well. But the land is in Nowra. My lawyer is not too keen to go there, and I am also not very keen to pay for his trip and time! He tells me that he does not have to attend. The land is a new development and for some reason the local council also wants to attend the settlement. Thats why I was thinking that I could attend the settlement, so I can collect the deed myself. I will speak to my lawyer on Tuesday about this, as well as MJH. Maybe a letter will suffice for MJH? Like most who are having a home built, I am anxious to get started, and to stop paying rent.
Davidr13
CathyLeigh
Davidr13

Hi David

CathyLeigh

Hi Cathy

Many thanks for all the good information. It all makes sense to me now. I am a cash purchaser, which might speed things up a bit. Small problem is that I live in Sydney, so my lawyer is here as well. But the land is in Nowra. My lawyer is not too keen to go there, and I am also not very keen to pay for his trip and time! He tells me that he does not have to attend. The land is a new development and for some reason the local council also wants to attend the settlement. Thats why I was thinking that I could attend the settlement, so I can collect the deed myself. I will speak to my lawyer on Tuesday about this, as well as MJH. Maybe a letter will suffice for MJH? Like most who are having a home built, I am anxious to get started, and to stop paying rent.

Hi David

Usually if we have a settlement which is to take place in Sydney and we are located in Newcastle we would get the Solicitor on the otherwise to act as our unpaid agent. So that means they would attend settlement on our behalf and then send all documents to us in the mail. This is usual practice and is probably what your solicitor is doing so he doesn't have to spend all that time travelling. Being a cash purchaser definitely will make the process a lot easier. Good luck with your build.

CathyLeigh
gohmsen
Hi guys
Hope everyone has had a nice Easter.
Do MJH normally install A/C unit before gyprock or do they do it all after .

Hi Gohmsen, We are Gyprocked and they haven't installed ours yet. I hope that helps.
gohmsen
Hi guys
Hope everyone has had a nice Easter.
Do MJH normally install A/C unit before gyprock or do they do it all after .

Hi gohmsen,

You'll probably find that'll be installed towards the pointy end of the build. You'd think it would be easier to do all that work before gyprock but I'm sure they have their reasons i.e maybe they worry the unit will be stolen so they leave it towards the end, hope this helps
I agree, we are nearly done and the aircon is due this week, around the same time as flooring and splash back. I think they only budget a single day to visit so all the vents are cut in at the same time, after painting.

http://brontelodge.blogspot.com.au

Great thanks guys .
Just try to see how the next 7 weeks are going to pan out to get it finished .

Our aircon was done after painting and electrical.... they must have only taken half a day to do ours.

Our dog run is now complete ready to go... 1 week to go until PCI
hi Bronte Builders!
I was thinking of getting a laser cut screen in the entry way between that and the home office in the cut out niche thingy. What do you guys think? Something similar to this picture

That would be cool! We closed ours in so don't have that option but are putting a shutter in the home theatre niche!
I think it would look great

So we have carpet dramas a week before what was meant to be our handover

I've tried to not think about the build this weekend as it's been stressing me out so much but it's time to snap back to reality and deal with it. Our carpet was meant to go down over a week ago and we were just told Wednesday afternoon last week (Night before PCI) that the stupid supplier doesn't have our carpet in stock and won't be getting it back in until late April. I hate to think how long it would take to ship in and get installed after that! Thanks supplier for telling everybody at the last minute!
Our poor SS has been running around trying to sort it out for us. We've already given our notice to vacate this property and booked a removal a week and a half from now!

Anyhow I will be hopefully selecting a new carpet tomorrow at the colour studio that is in stock to not delay handover. I only selected a fairly cheap carpet last year at colours because the house will most likely get rented out when we post out of location but we're willing to pay some extra money now to not delay handover any further! I loved the Eco+ carpet when I saw it but thought it may be out of budget and now can't remember how much it cost. Can anybody who selected the Eco + Carpet share how much they spent? I know its relative to the m2 but if i have a rough idea it might soften the blow tomorrow. FWIW we spent just over 3k to do bedrooms and home theatre with our current selection.
our6acres
hi Bronte Builders!
I was thinking of getting a laser cut screen in the entry way between that and the home office in the cut out niche thingy. What do you guys think? Something similar to this picture

Wow! I really love that!
We have a feature cut out thingy too (not in a bronte). I didn't want to fill mine in as the room needs the light from the front door/hallway but i hadn't considered doing anything to it other than shutters.
SMS from MDJ. "The site preparation for your home has now been completed . Regards McDonald Jones... I don't know what's this means, will drop by this arvo to check...so excited
welcomehome
SMS from MDJ. "The site preparation for your home has now been completed . Regards McDonald Jones... I don't know what's this means, will drop by this arvo to check...so excited

Might of been Site Cut. Or at the very least Fence/toilet or pegged.
J and A
welcomehome

Might of been Site Cut. Or at the very least Fence/toilet or pegged.

It could be a Site Cut as the block was pegged before Easter.
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum