Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our first build: "Bridgewater" by Gj's Shoalhaven

Page 49 of 59
I love the frankie lounge!! Hubby and I are tossing up between it and the manhatten lounge!!

I am swaying more toward the frankie

Yay for purchases!!!

GJ Gardner Modified Coolum 277
viewtopic.php?t=83643
Nice lounges
yay on a discount!

The fencing, colourbond is 2.35m (yep have to be different), so basically you need 2 sleeper posts 2.35m apart and you can put a sleeper post in the middle.

We drilled 2 holes into the posts that will hold the colourbond posts. Dig holes, place in sleeper posts, screw colourbond post, then attach bottom and top rails between the colourbond posts then you can cement the sleeper posts.

So here is one of my posts screwed on.

This is our fence on top of retaining wall.

That corner we can't find due to a storm water drain so we will be building a deck in line with the retaining wall that then matches to where the ground slopes.

Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone!

Reg I agree. Best purchase ever!!! And super discounted which is even better. lol now I'd love to build up our collection of lenses

Charli- we were looking at that one too but it just wouldn't fit. Doh!

Shell - you are amazing. I'll show hubby tonight so he can have a look through and start to get some measurements.

Update for this week: the gyprock and cornices are onsite. Not sure if the insulation has been finished or not yet. Will hopefully be able to see this arvo. ????

Thanks everyone!

Reg I agree. Best purchase ever!!! And super discounted which is even better. lol now I'd love to build up our collection of lenses

Charli- we were looking at that one too but it just wouldn't fit. Doh!

Shell - you are amazing. I'll show hubby tonight so he can have a look through and start to get some measurements.

Update for this week: the gyprock and cornices are onsite. All the wall insulation is complete. I'm guessing they wait till the ceiling is up to finish the roof insulation? Hopefully the dudes will be there today/tomorrow doing the walls ????

We also had a guy come out to quote doing brick retaining walls. I think we are looking at about 4-5k for the front and back yards plus the side fence retaining.

We have about 1.5pallets of bricks left over so I'm hoping we wouldn't have to buy too many more.

Gyprocking had started! Will have a peek later and they said it should be finished next week with fixout to happen after that.
Does anyone know what fixout means?

needsausername
Gyprocking had started! Will have a peek later and they said it should be finished next week with fixout to happen after that.
Does anyone know what fixout means?

Great progress Kym... everyone has that question.. haha

It's kitchen and vanities...
Oh my oh my oh my!!!!!!

You are the bearer of bl00dy brilliant news Reg!

The house feels amazing. I love love love it. All the sheeting has been done. Just bits and bobs left, cornices and sanding it.

After my meltdown this week of living in a run down sh!t of a house this is the perfect ending to the week.

needsausername
Oh my oh my oh my!!!!!!

You are the bearer of bl00dy brilliant news Reg!

The house feels amazing. I love love love it. All the sheeting has been done. Just bits and bobs left, cornices and sanding it.

After my meltdown this week of living in a run down sh!t of a house this is the perfect ending to the week.

Pics or it didn't happen...

This is what we have for now. You gotta love cameras that make it appear you're inside....

needsausername
You gotta love cameras that make it appear you're inside....

Looking great Kym...
Woohoo!!! So exciting Kym!!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks charli!! It really is! I really really hope you get a very expensive surprise when you get home.
xx

How was your first day back with students? Hope it wasn't too long!

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Oh it was so hot. I thought I was going to melt into my desk

Today was planning and time tabling tho with 7,11&12 today. The rest of the school tomorrow.

On the plus side tho. Cornices started today and are about half done.

needsausername
Oh it was so hot. I thought I was going to melt into my desk

Today was planning and time tabling tho with 7,11&12 today. The rest of the school tomorrow.

On the plus side tho. Cornices started today and are about half done.

Sounds like my day..I am a teacher too with yr 7, 11 and 12 today. Although I had yr 7 for most of the day, so not as much planning got done.

Look seeing your house come together and the changes between our houses.

Wow it's flying now. Fitout will be followed by mudding and wet sealing your bathrooms ready for tiles
your in the home stretch now.

Oh gosh, summer would suck in a classroom of bodies

Woohoo, yay for cornice!! Ps pics or it didn't happen

viewtopic.php?t=83643
Thanks Shell!! yes i keep comparing timelines given that ours are the same house
I'm going to give the SS a call tomorrow to ask what the plans are for the next couple of weeks and to request a walkthrough.

charli - i'll have to send in my very special piece of equipment that allows us to take pics.... from outside the gate of course!
hehehe going to walk round there in a minute to have a little look see.

Meeting onsite with SS tomorrow morning. Will be good to hopefully get an idea of timelines now we have gyprock done and watertight.
Also keen to find out their plans for the retaining of our common boundary.

Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

30/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Soak wells and electrical run in happening this week! Summit has told me they will relocate the laundry plumbing after the walls are completed. I'm actually pretty happy…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum