Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 476 of 723
milby
We've got the "free" Actron AC in my tender which is quoted as 8 outlet. However my house would have a requirement for at least 9 outlets.
Does anyone know if outlets can be added and if so at what cost?

I added an outlet to the garage and it costed $170
Random question, what is the standard design aircon vent for the Actron Aircon? is it the round one in the URL below?

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/ ... QuLj5g.jpg

Reason for asking is my cousin just moved into their newly built place and their build game them the aircon vent below.

http://www.qualityac.com.au/wp-content/ ... -vents.png

Really hope the round one is standard!
We had a choice. Square or round. We went with the round outlet.
Week 10 progress. Had a courtesy call from the S/S last week with the plan for the next week's work. Plaster & Architraves were finished Tuesday & the Wet area's sealed along with a nice surprise... the Kitchen installed! Internal Doors & frame materials have been delivered & the carpenter is due in Today to start the internal fit out.
Creedy.

Happy Dayz
creedyflyr
Week 10 progress. Had a courtesy call from the S/S last week with the plan for the next week's work. Plaster & Architraves were finished Tuesday & the Wet area's sealed along with a nice surprise... the Kitchen installed! Internal Doors & frame materials have been delivered & the carpenter is due in Today to start the internal fit out.
Creedy. Happy Dayz

Looking Good:)
Everyones houses are looking great

Nat and Dan I cant believe not until after easter, Im furious for you

As for us, electrical yesterday! We went $900 over our 10k allowance but didn't really scrooge it either lol!
Very exciting!
Our loan was also formally approved so now we wait for CDC to give the green light!!!!
Way to go Jo, I'm super excited for you guys and $900 over is nothing on the scale of beauty!
Bring on the green light woohoo

Creedy, your build is flying along and looks awesome. I'm so happy to see someone else go for the dark kitchen (as I have) for both top and bottom cupboards, what splashback are you doing and will it be dark as well or will it be a contrasting colour? I love how big the kitchen is, that was our only wish...and the downside of the Chesterfield but we loved the design too much to warrant building a different one!

Gypsylady, we have installed the night sky (fairy light system) in our home theatre and love it! We certainly don't feel it is distracting what-so-ever and the kids think it's the best thing since sliced bread lol
It wasn't that expensive, we only paid $1800 for ours and it was a self install (DIY) or you can get them to do it for you. It was super easy and it all came with instructions and on actual black non reflective cloth panels (not done through the actual gyprock on the ceiling)
We didn't opt for the twinkle mode (which sparkle when turned on) but have the static mode instead
When we watch movies, it feels like your watching under the stars and if your watching a decent movie, you don't even know they're there!
Yes it's a gimmick but isn't everything these days? It was just another feature to add to our home and one we enjoy just like we enjoy our PUSH control (another gimmick like C-Bus) system that turns it all on and off for us (via iPad or iPhone) without us even being in the room how's that for technology?

You can find all the details on my blog if you need to know more
Jasper 26

At which point do we get to choose? We just completed our electrical and it wasn't mention then.
Balified

Creedy, your build is flying along and looks awesome. I'm so happy to see someone else go for the dark kitchen (as I have) for both top and bottom cupboards, what splashback are you doing and will it be dark as well or will it be a contrasting colour? I love how big the kitchen is, that was our only wish...and the downside of the Chesterfield but we loved the design too much to warrant building a different one!

Ha thanks, Yeh I'm a fan of the dark kitchen. I actually have pics of yours saved in My "inspiration pics" folder on My computer. It really does look awesome. Our splashback colour is Timewarp.
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s358/creedyflyr/photo%2021_zpsukeyxq5w.jpg
Creedy.
Jazz926
Jasper 26

At which point do we get to choose? We just completed our electrical and it wasn't mention then.

We got the round ones which I think are standard, we were not even offered any other options.
Jazz926
Jasper 26

Forgive me for leading you astray but we had our Actron installed after handover but I can't see why you don't have a choice. Push them for the outlet you want, it's your house and you are pay big $$$. You definitely have a choice of outlet with Actron.

Good luck.
Creedy I'm so glad I inspired you that's nice to know! Oh I loooooove your splash back that's going to really make the kitchen POP wow. So can't wait to see how it all comes together woohoo
I'd say by the way your build is going, you'll have the keys soon...any date given yet?

http//ourasiancreation.blogspot.com.au
I'm the same with vicarry, we weren't given the option and we upgraded to the Actron. I'd say you just get the standard round one unless you specifically ask for square nd pay extra!
Otherwise if the round is what your after, you won't need to do anything Jaron

Balified
I'm the same with vicarry, we weren't given the option and we upgraded to the Actron. I'd say you just get the standard round one unless you specifically ask for square nd pay extra!
Otherwise if the round is what your after, you won't need to do anything Jaron

Hi Michelle,

That's good to hear! round is what we prefer. Those little square one looks a little office like lol.

The wait for construction to start is killing us at the moment, especially after competing electrical earlier this week!
Allypally
Gypsylady
Hi , wow amazing site and thread with South
Information. Sorry I can't be much help to anyone as we are in the early stages but was hoping
To ask a few questions. There just so much info
And I've spent many hours so far enjoying learning about everyones experineces
Hubs and I are looking at building the monte
Carlo in the contemporary design . I was just wondering how anyone else may have addressed window coverings . Im thinking plantation shutters would really work on those small windows but I really want something to block out the light in the front lounge/theatre and also our bedroom . Any ideas would be great
Also we loved the night sky fairy lights in
One of their displays . Will they do them and is so does anyone know the rough costs?
Lastly, we loved the kitchen in the home world
Display. Does anyone know anything about it or what kind or upgrades may be involved in
Something like that ?

We are also building the Monte Carlo, with the Contemporary Façade.
For windows we are adding white shutters.
In the hometheatre, as well as the shutters we are adding a heavy curtain, with probably a auto open/close that coordinates with the dimming of lights via canbus. You mentioned "fairy lights" which I take it you mean a star ceiling. It is made up of 100's of fibre optic strands poking through the gyprock. Looks nice, but not really functional and costs a few $000's. It is really a novelty which you get the benefit of just before a movie starts up. They become a distraction during the movie. I had it in my old house, which I did the ceiling myself to save buckets of money. A better and by far less expensive effect is hidden led mood lighting.
The kitchen at Homeworld Kellyville had the glass splashback undercupboard lighting, and 60mm stone benchtop.
We went for a similar glass splashback and undercupboard lighting, but only 40mm benchtop. I am not sure of the cost, but they will go though all of that at the Ka-ching studio, which they refer to as the design studio.

Hi guys

We are building the Monte Carlo also with rear activities and the Balinese Resort Facade.

In relation to windows, we are planning on having White shutters on all windows except for the theatre room and main bathroom where we will be having the dark brown shutters. I have no idea yet what we are putting on the stacker doors. I will figure that out once the house is built. Too many other decisions to make at the moment.

I haven't seen the kitchen in the home world display so not sure what their upgrades were.

We did our colour appointment last week and the costs involved in upgrading the kitchen in the Monte Carlo were as follows:

$4,200.00 for 2 pak to the entire kitchen (if you want to only upgrade to satin laminate it would cost $1,200.00 which still looks really beautiful and they do use this in a lot of their display homes)

We upgraded the glass splashback to starfire glass to take away any green tinge in the glass at a cost of $900.00

20mm caesarstone waterfall ends x 2 cost us $2,140.00

2 x banks of drawers were $500.00 ($250.00 each)

1 bin drawer was $480.00

2.4 metre high Lin 1 pantry door cost $720.00 and pull handle was $140.00.

I hope this information helps you with budgeting.

I had so much trouble deciding on the kitchen that I went back a second time to the colour studio yesterday and made a few changes. The picture below is what I modelled our kitchen off now and have made it identical colour wise. I changed our splashback to pure white like in the photo and used Gray on the doors and bar back the same in the photo so the colour matches perfectly now. The cupboards behind the barback which cannot be seen in the photo I have made White to match the top cupboards which are also white.

Love seeing the photos of everyone's builds. They are all coming along splendidly. Can't wait for ours to begin!!

CathyLeigh

Hi CathyLeigh

[/quote]

Hi. Do you know what the grey colour is called on the cabinets in this pic?

Daz
Jaron, we had the square vents in our last house and to be honest when we knew that we'll be getting round ones this time, it kinda put me off a bit but I'm quite surprised at how much I like them and now prefer them...go figure!

I can sooooo understand your frustration of waiting but unfortunately it's something that goes hand in hand when going through council! Hopefully won't be too much longer for you and you too can join in the celebration of getting on the construction list....that's when reality hits and you'll soon see your beautiful home taking shape.

http://ourasiancreation.blogspot.com.au
We are waiting, with not a lot of patience, for the land to be registered. It has been delayed twice, and now is supposed to be registered by the end of March. Crossed fingers for next week, so we can get this project going. Everything ready to go now, as soon as the land is ready. Still hoping that we can be in the new house for Christmas. Not fun living in a small rental home now...
Oh you poor thing David I certainly don't envy you having to wait this long and to think there's already been two delays. I really hope and are keeping my fingers crossed that you get some good news next week. It's a good thing tho that everything is ready for when you do have your land registered so that's a definite bonus. Good luck for the coming weeks
Michelle

http://ourasiancreation.blogspot.com.au
Looking likely that the council will be able to finally approve our build. We have to build a small moat (!) to direct 100 year flood stormwater into the overflow channel that runs down the western edge of our block (left side of the house). For a while we thought we'd never get it through. It's taken the best part of 4 months to get this report sorted!

Now we can finally look forward to something happening on our lovely bit of land.. perhaps we'll get a house one day! First job once we're out of council is removal of ~40 trees.
Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum