Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 465 of 862
Country Lifestyle
hash_nanay
Last week our BC informed construction work of our home is going to begin. We are so excited about this and waiting to hear more updates from PD.

Congratulations! The Bermuda is a lovely home at a great price, I almost built it myself but switched back to the Montague21 at the last moment. Good Luck with your build

Hello there Country Lifestyle, thank you. Yes, Bermuda is a nice design and doesn't have everything in one line. Montague21 seems to be nice too
Any particular reason you decided to change to Montague21?
Countdown to completion has begun. Construction work started last week and land scraping done. I went in the weekend and was happy to see the progress. Our blog is updated with some photos and I've added a countdown clock
hash_nanay
Country Lifestyle
hash_nanay
Last week our BC informed construction work of our home is going to begin. We are so excited about this and waiting to hear more updates from PD.

Congratulations! The Bermuda is a lovely home at a great price, I almost built it myself but switched back to the Montague21 at the last moment. Good Luck with your build

Hello there Country Lifestyle, thank you. Yes, Bermuda is a nice design and doesn't have everything in one line. Montague21 seems to be nice too
Any particular reason you decided to change to Montague21?

I just loved the Montague21 kitchen, I upgraded and got the Living/4thBedroom/GrandAlfresco option which brings it up to near 25sq, I also extended my Alfresco to cover the width of the house. The Bermuda was lovely it was the kitchen that was the deciding factor for me.
I just loved the Montague21 kitchen, I upgraded and got the Living/4thBedroom/GrandAlfresco option which brings it up to near 25sq, I also extended my Alfresco to cover the width of the house. The Bermuda was lovely it was the kitchen that was the deciding factor for me.[/quote]

Hi CL just checked our your blog, house is lookin beautiful, love the kitchen!

We have PCI booked for Friday yay, then should be in next week oh my
Just saw the new Brookwater floorplans on the PD site:

http://www.porterdavis.com.au/homes/prestige/brookwater

Looks great! Just like the Brooklyn but with a second master upstairs!
We have keys! Handover is done and dusted! So excited! Can't believe that we are the ones finally saying we've had handover! Wahoo!!!!

inglewood
We have keys! Handover is done and dusted! So excited! Can't believe that we are the ones finally saying we've had handover! Wahoo!!!!

Hooray! All the best in the new house. Please keep us posted on progress post handover.
inglewood

Congrats Inglewood, very exciting
inglewood

Congratulations!
Congratulations! Enjoy your beautiful new home!
Thanks everyone! We must say that although communication hasn't been a strong point, we've nothing to complain about with our build.

Both Site Supervisors we've had (Darren and Daniel) have been fantastic and are a credit to Porter Davis! Thank you for making our build such a pleasure and stress free time. We really have a beautiful house that we are so happy to now call our home. There are a few minor things to be sorted, as you would expect with any build but they are not an issue. Will definitely post pictures once the floor is done and we've moved in.
Congrats Inglewood. Exciting times ahead.
inglewood
Thanks everyone! We must say that although communication hasn't been a strong point, we've nothing to complain about with our build.

Both Site Supervisors we've had (Darren and Daniel) have been fantastic and are a credit to Porter Davis! Thank you for making our build such a pleasure and stress free time. We really have a beautiful house that we are so happy to now call our home. There are a few minor things to be sorted, as you would expect with any build but they are not an issue. Will definitely post pictures once the floor is done and we've moved in.

Grats Ingle!
Hi there, I have been reading this forum for a while now but this is the first time I have posted anything.

We are building the Montague 21 and are at the lock up stage of our build. My husband went out on site today and it looks exactly the same as it did when we went out there 2 weeks ago. Not sure if anyone else has had this experience, but our build seems to be taking forever!

According to our contract we are due in on 28 April.
PCI day today, excited much!
Good luck today. I'm very envious!! Let us know how it goes when you are free.
Hi bfree

We have experienced this - numerous times thruout. Our contract date is 25th march but we will go over that. But I think we are getting closer!!!
Sambogirl81

Congrats Sambogirl!
Sambogirl81

Good luck, take your time going through everything because of the "grain" on the laminex, we almost missed some scratches

Enjoy and take pictures!
Hi all, newbie here and glad to see a forum where we can gather advice and reviews.

I'm currently building a Cantebury and after everything is signed and ready, literally a week before construction, I get hammered with all these post contract variations that I don't even ask for. Now I'm getting forced to go with items we don't want and some items (like sarking in the roof) which I do want are now been removed!

Has anyone else experienced this with PD? My partner and I are very upset with this suddenly springing up on us.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum