Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Thirstys Thread - Still Waiting

Page 47 of 49
MrsGreen
was getting worried about you!!! inlaws ♥ tassie too. must get there one day- not sure i could handle the cold though.
sry to hear theres been no progress
/quote]
Mrs G, it was cold but also really nice in some spots. We did lots of walking and that soon warmed me up. It snowed on us at Cradle Mountain. We were lovin it.
tinkster
I was wondering bout you the other day thirsty girl. Glad you had a well deserved holiday but bugger that theyve done nothing. Hopefully the rain will bugger off and you can get some work done soon.

Hey Tink. you'd be moved in by now wouldnt you
Will have a spy on your thread soon to see exactly where you are up to. TBH, we are still not worried that we havent started anything yet. We cant do anything about the weather and its been so wet this year its unreal. Our time will come soon (it had better)

kerry-ann
mollyapple
Glad you are back - I sent you a message on FB. Thought you must have left the country!!

Mollyapple, I sent you a message on fb today. Your house is looking fantabulous

K.A, You probably had this girl in stitches for a while. She was probably scratching her head trying to remember where she knows u from

Doh,didn't even think off that

I'm hopeless sometimes

Which gave me a giggle,remember ages ago when i thought i had found you & it ended up being someone else i was chatting too.
She prob thought i was such a nutter,still laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmm, that came through all weird. Has h1 changed some stuff on here. I cant quote the same anymore
Hey girl,any news
Oh boo
WHen I saw a post in this thread thought maybe there had been some progress!!!
No news
I can promise you that we will get a start before christmas
Will be kickin cans if we dont.
How long til yours is a rock'n and rollin K.A

Hows bubs goin Mrs G. I havent had a chance to look at your plans either. Have you had any progress with it

What's the hold up? I could bring the tractor round and move some dirt around if you want?
I've got some spare shovels

Surely things have dried up by now?
You slacker :p what have you been doing?!? No progress with plans, haven't heard back from designer about my email or elevations... he tends to be a bit busy and slow with responses, but he is worth it.
Although at this rate maybe we will have a slab before you
A slab went down across the lane... it looks about 2, possibly 3, rooms
Hi Thirsty Girl....just catching up with your progress....hope you start soon...its been along time coming...
Hey girl,still at shire

It must be dry at your place now hey

It is so close to chrissy now,we are both at the starting line,but who's gonna be first outta the gate
Come on you two!

At the rate you two are going, I am going to be moved in before you even start!
Ok, the block is dryish but it looks like the earthworker has had another crack at the title and to no avail. Looks like he has sank down as its quite soft and there is still a fair bit of water just under the surface. We reckon another 3 or 4 weeks and it will be sweet but DH is prob going to give ss a call to see what they think. Wish us luck. Do you think we deserve the trophy of having the worlds longest build/start
Hi T,l know what you are going through.My site was cut begining of Aug can't get
concrete trucks up driveway had to much rain,builder thinks after Melbourne Cup.
Melbourne was in drought 10+ years O well .Do hope you can start on the sitewoks
for you
thirsty
Ok, the block is dryish but it looks like the earthworker has had another crack at the title and to no avail. Looks like he has sank down as its quite soft and there is still a fair bit of water just under the surface. We reckon another 3 or 4 weeks and it will be sweet but DH is prob going to give ss a call to see what they think. Wish us luck. Do you think we deserve the trophy of having the worlds longest build/start

I think you deserve a trophy for having such remarkable patience. You have kept it together and not ranted and raved (like someone I know
) and I think that is a credit to you.

I sincerely wish you all the best for a start date soon and will be with you via cyber space all the way (unless you are coming down south for a little R & R and then I hope we could meet in person)

You rock Thirsty and your house is going to be
You SO deserve a trophy thirsty girl!!
In the meantime, I need to see a plan, its not at the beginning and I couldn't find it elsewhere

A few more of those 36 degree days to dry it out! Hope things start moving quick once they do get going...
pattycake4
Hi T,l know what you are going through.My site was cut begining of Aug can't get
concrete trucks up driveway had to much rain,builder thinks after Melbourne Cup.
Melbourne was in drought 10+ years O well .Do hope you can start on the sitewoks
for you

Pattycake. We're in the same dilemma. Good things happen to people who wait

Velouria
I think you deserve a trophy for having such remarkable patience. You have kept it together and not ranted and raved (like someone I know ) and I think that is a credit to you.

I sincerely wish you all the best for a start date soon and will be with you via cyber space all the way (unless you are coming down south for a little R & R and then I hope we could meet in person)

When we do come down V, Im not going down there without seeing your house and your animals and of course yourself. Will pm you when the time comes

tinkster
You SO deserve a trophy thirsty girl!!
In the meantime, I need to see a plan, its not at the beginning and I couldn't find it elsewhere

Tink, will pm you with it
MrsGreen
A few more of those 36 degree days to dry it out! Hope things start moving quick once they do get going...

Bring it on Mrs G. Hopefully its not too hot when they do finally pour the pad.
anymore news on your build ??
No news yet Mollyapple. Its got to a point where its just laughable. We're starting to think that maybe someone is trying to tell us that this house should not be built

But we got a spa today
No house but we have a spa. We scored it from a relative who cant store it anymore so we're going to "look after" it for a while.
Related
22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum