Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

LYNDARUM/AURORA/SUMMERHILL ESTATES: Epping, Victoria

Page 47 of 224
Hi jpf, i've been lurking around on this forum for so long and am so excited i've found someone else from Lyndarum and as and added bonus from stage 27!. U r lucky, i signed in Jan!!!! That was almost 12 months ago. It looks promising for a DEC title (just drove past today). When did u guys sign up?

jpf
Hi there,

I am a long time Stalker of this forum and have hardly commented except bombarding everyone with questions.so thought i would say a hi to everybody!!

My husband and i just bought land(well yet to pay the deposit,waiting for the bank!!hate banks
)at Lyndarum in stage 27(think its stage 27).anybody else in stage 27?and any idea when it is supposed to title,When we put the offer on it, it was supposed to bt this Nov and after we signed all the contracts they tell us maybe Dec
Hi jpf and M2E,
i'm triple excited now after reading your posts. I am on Redding Rise too, we must be neighbours. I thought all the blocks around me sold over 6 months ago. Are you near oherns rd or pass the reserve? I'm very hopeful my block will title b4 xmas. it has been a very long wait.
M2E: i'm guessing you are closer to Oherns? It has been very trying and in the mean time the cost of building has risen and AV Jennings has been extremely poor about communicating the delays.

I am so happy to hear Miller st has opened - that took so long. Now for safeways - that was promised years ago but its finally happening
Moving2Epping
jpf
Hi there,

I am a long time Stalker of this forum and have hardly commented except bombarding everyone with questions.so thought i would say a hi to everybody!!

My husband and i just bought land(well yet to pay the deposit,waiting for the bank!!hate banks
)at Lyndarum in stage 27(think its stage 27).anybody else in stage 27?and any idea when it is supposed to title,When we put the offer on it, it was supposed to bt this Nov and after we signed all the contracts they tell us maybe Dec

We are in stage 27 too. The latest update is that stage 27 has now been split in 2 with the half closer to O'Hearns road titling in December and the half closer to the reserve under the powerlines titling in March. I had a look today and that first half is looking pretty close to ready with most of the roads footpaths and driveways completed and some of the road signs already up. Fingers crossed.
HI !
So glad to see people from Lyndarum and from Stage 27!!We were told it will title around 21st of Dec.And ya it s a very short wait for me as compared to buying in Jan and waiting a whole year!!I am so not a patient person when it comes to building my house!!I drove past there yesterday and i could see lots of work has been done so fingers crossed it will title in Dec!!(And ya most of the land was sold , we r buying it from from whoever bought it ages ago and selling now to make a profit:))Just glad we could get a lot there!!
oztish
The school's on Lyndarum Drive - up near Epping Road (High St).

I live near Redding Rise, so I know where you're talking about.

Good luck with your build.

Oh i think i saw the school when we drove past yesterday.
And thanks i am so excited, just can't wait to get started!!
At Creeds Farm Living and Learning Centre
2 Snugburgh Way, Epping North 3076 (enter from Redding Rise)

Thursday 2 December 6-9pm
Christmas Choir & a Live Band
Art and Craft Market
Food, Eco-tour
Kid’s activities
Will be indoors if raining
Come along and meet your neighbours
Our lot is near the reserve and When we called Av jennings they said it would be titled in Dec!! i really hope its not March

The only thing we are not sure is if we have power lines running over out lot,trying to find out from Av jennings,well hopefully they can help us
stuey0608
Hi jpf and M2E,
i'm triple excited now after reading your posts. I am on Redding Rise too, we must be neighbours. I thought all the blocks around me sold over 6 months ago. Are you near oherns rd or pass the reserve? I'm very hopeful my block will title b4 xmas. it has been a very long wait.
M2E: i'm guessing you are closer to Oherns? It has been very trying and in the mean time the cost of building has risen and AV Jennings has been extremely poor about communicating the delays.

I am so happy to hear Miller st has opened - that took so long. Now for safeways - that was promised years ago but its finally happening
Moving2Epping
jpf
Hi there,

We are in stage 27 too. The latest update is that stage 27 has now been split in 2 with the half closer to O'Hearns road titling in December and the half closer to the reserve under the powerlines titling in March. I had a look today and that first half is looking pretty close to ready with most of the roads footpaths and driveways completed and some of the road signs already up. Fingers crossed.

Hi Stuey, we are actually nearer the reserve so not that happy about the decision to split the stage. Not much we can do about it though. Just have to wait and start planning when it is ready to go. It has been interesting to see the various stages finish and the parks and various reserve areas being landscaped. I think it will be a great place to live once it is done.
jpf
Our lot is near the reserve and When we called Av jennings they said it would be titled in Dec!! i really hope its not March

The only thing we are not sure is if we have power lines running over out lot,trying to find out from Av jennings,well hopefully they can help us

No need to worry about the power lines, they do not cross any of the blocks, and the transmission towers are reasonably far from any of the lots on stage 27. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but March is best case scenario for you and me. They are not working on our end at all at the moment. So, while the other half is levelled, roads in, and footpaths, our half is still full of mounds of rock and dirt, with the road base in but no tar and no footpaths.
The parks/reserves/garden beds/street plantings in Lyndarum are lovely..it's a pleasure driving through the streets...I'm sure the wait will be worth it for you all.
jpf
HI !
So glad to see people from Lyndarum and from Stage 27!!We were told it will title around 21st of Dec.And ya it s a very short wait for me as compared to buying in Jan and waiting a whole year!!I am so not a patient person when it comes to building my house!!I drove past there yesterday and i could see lots of work has been done so fingers crossed it will title in Dec!!(And ya most of the land was sold , we r buying it from from whoever bought it ages ago and selling now to make a profit:))Just glad we could get a lot there!!

We did the same thing as you. Paid more than the original purchaser but less than the blocks were going for at the time. It was probably the same seller. He may had bought up half the stage and doubled his deposit money...
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what is going into Lyndarum stage 27 in the block bordered by Redding Rise, Moira way, Radman street and not sure of the name of the 4th street? There is a bit of a discrpancy in a couple of different maps that I have seen, and on our land contract it is shaded out and says something like refer to page 9 but no page 9 to refer to.

Another question for you all, does anyone know when Edgars road is going to be extended into Lyndarum/Aurora?
Moving2Epping
Another question for you all, does anyone know when Edgars road is going to be extended into Lyndarum/Aurora?

I don't think there has been any announcements on when this will happen. Can't wait for it to happen though.
Moving2Epping
jpf

No need to worry about the power lines, they do not cross any of the blocks, and the transmission towers are reasonably far from any of the lots on stage 27. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but March is best case scenario for you and me. They are not working on our end at all at the moment. So, while the other half is levelled, roads in, and footpaths, our half is still full of mounds of rock and dirt, with the road base in but no tar and no footpaths.

Oh thats great news about the power lines, we have been stressing out over that!!

And ya i know March is probably our best best with land titling,i don' mind too much as long as it does title in March!!!I did see the other half all levelled and looking lovely and saw the other half with just mud and rocks
Moving2Epping
jpf
HI !

We did the same thing as you. Paid more than the original purchaser but less than the blocks were going for at the time. It was probably the same seller. He may had bought up half the stage and doubled his deposit money...

Probable, people seem to be doing that a lot,buying up blocks of land and selling it for a huge profit, but i was just glad we could get a block in Lyndarum so not complaining too much
Moving2Epping
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what is going into Lyndarum stage 27 in the block bordered by Redding Rise, Moira way, Radman street and not sure of the name of the 4th street? There is a bit of a discrpancy in a couple of different maps that I have seen, and on our land contract it is shaded out and says something like refer to page 9 but no page 9 to refer to.

No idea , i seem to have the same on out land contract
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and building in Aurora Estate Stage 15. I would love to share my experience and learn from others.
jpf
Moving2Epping

I'm not familiar with the streets, what have you been told?
Also, how can we find out if there are any playgrounds to be built near us eg. the reserve. Also just be clear, is the reserve in stage 27 the one near the roundabout?
stuey0608
jpf
Moving2Epping

ok just got out the contract and had a quick look - according to the masterplan on the Lyndarum website they are town house allotments.
stuey0608
jpf
Moving2Epping

I'm not familiar with the streets, what have you been told?
Also, how can we find out if there are any playgrounds to be built near us eg. the reserve. Also just be clear, is the reserve in stage 27 the one near the roundabout?

Haven't really been told anything. On one of the maps I have seen it looks like it will be townhouse lots but there is a road/lane in the middle of it that has not been built.

It looks like there are going to be a couple of parks in stage 27. One about in the centre of the stage and on the West side of Redding rise. the second is close to where redding rise crosses O'hearns. The reserve is also obviously close by - this is the big expanse under the power lines. Technically this is supposed to be a wetlands reserve.

I am also trying to find out a bit more information about where the extension to the Epping rail line is due to go. I believe that some of the estates in the area are advertising that the line is going through even though they are aware this is not the case. But stay tuned...
i read the Epping rail extension is going through Aurora estate, with stops at the Northern hospital and Epping plaza. I would use the public transport corridor as a guide. Who knows if this will ever happen, it would be great though.
Related
6/02/2024
Property Boundaries in New Estates

General Discussion

The setback from the kerb is 4m. It is council land to provide an area for services like sewer main, gas mains, water mains, underground power or poles for overhead power,…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum