Building ForumBuilding A New House

McDonald Jones Homes - The new thread

Page 458 of 723
Has anyone received free smeg upgrade in recent weeks

Lot 305 Wattleridge crescent
Saintly 60
Has anyone received free smeg upgrade in recent weeks

I got the smeg/miele upgrade option for paying my deposit in the first 14 days.
Everyone's build seem to be moving along.

The plasterers have finished in ours, downpipes have been installed along with our storm water trenches.

Trenches

Our HSTP was installed yesterday to.

The water proofer starts Monday, then the fix out crew Thursday.

Daz

We found out yesterday that we are going through Complying Development not council

So we in in and should be out within a fortnight!!!!
Hope everyone and their homes are well hehe

jomarshall
We found out yesterday that we are going through Complying Development not council

So we in in and should be out within a fortnight!!!!
Hope everyone and their homes are well hehe

Same thing with us, one of the good thing with MJH, they normally go through CDC. We're hoping to get the approval within the forthnight too...
MadamImAdam
CathyLeigh
We are looking at building with the Urban One Pepper brick also.

We used Urban One Pepper. Haven't noticed any yellowing.

We are also going with Pepper, we visited some build at The Ponds and some of them look different, i think its depends on the batch.
Hi,
We are thinking about building the Wentworth with McDonald Jones in North Kellyville and have received our first tender. Just wondering if $15K would be a good guide to have for extra site costs that may come up? Is this generous? not enough? Our block only has a 0.5m fall on it, and the tender already allows for H1 slab & 50 lineal metres piers. I was thinking the extra $15K buffer would be for approx $3K saline if needed, $5K piers/extra site costs, $3K soil removal, $4K for other reports & things I dont know about yet (bushfire report, water, AHD survey, landscape plan etc). We are comparing the McDonald Jones tender to Eden Brae 'fixed price' tender and wanting to make sure we dont under estimate how much the extra site costs could be with McDonald Jones.
Thanks for your help!
EVERYONE!!!

WE HAVE FRAMES GOING UP!!!!!!
Yay! Love shouty capitals

lol shouty capitals were definitely required for this post!!! It has been a very long time coming!!!!
Haven't been to the electrical studio yet. (Should read as KaChing Studio), but dreading it. When I look at what we requires, some 40 odd powerpoints, and 10 odd network points, it will blow out of the solar system. We also wanted a home theatre professionally setup as well as smarthome light and video control. We had a quote from an external mob to do it, and it was reasonable. MCD refused to allow the externals access, till after handover, and that scenario will cost us an additional $000's for them to rewire. NOT HAPPY.
MCD are wanting $130 for each network port. I can get them for $20.
They want $115 for dimmable LED lights, I can get them for less than $20.
Does this seem like a ripoff?
Nat and Dan
EVERYONE!!!

FINALLY, its about time!!!!
Nat and Dan
EVERYONE!!!

Holy *&^%........ Congrats Nat and Dan.
Allypally
Haven't been to the electrical studio yet. (Should read as KaChing Studio), but dreading it. When I look at what we requires, some 40 odd powerpoints, and 10 odd network points, it will blow out of the solar system. We also wanted a home theatre professionally setup as well as smarthome light and video control. We had a quote from an external mob to do it, and it was reasonable. MCD refused to allow the externals access, till after handover, and that scenario will cost us an additional $000's for them to rewire. NOT HAPPY.

We came in under $9k at electrical with extra power points to pre wired in theatre and activity room LEDs where needed (but we are finishing extra downlights after handover) all outdoor lights and extra circuits and intercom and a few other things!
It is the extra circuits that blew it out a bit for us! We had an allowance of $8k but requires extra circuits at $250each due to number of power points

We have finally decided on the garden retreat modified. The professional service from both our display consultant Rick and the sales director Phil has made this possible. We had a few challenges with levels etc and MJH kept on looking for a way forward. Now waiting on consolidated tender and then hopefully an enjoyable build. Thanks for this forum for great reviews and comments

Nat and Dan
EVERYONE!!!

Congrats guys!
Nat and Dan
EVERYONE!!!

Great stuff guys. Now it will fly along.
Allypally

Hi
Yes they are expensive for things like that. Is your house a steel framed house? If so there are 2 service holes in every second noggin for wiring. I'm sure the external company can do it after your in, it will be just a little more in labour, but I'm sure it will still come in cheaper than if MJH installed it. As for downlights, just get your wiring right and they can be done after handover to, there is a bucket load of roof space.

But if you want to move in to it all completed, then your up for some big $$$$$
Daz
Lol thanks everyone !!

Hoping this is the start of a smooth run to the end now!! Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!!
Yay Nat and Dan! About bloody time!

Related
26/10/2023
Building with Mcdonalds jones home

Building A New House

Hi AKG, We had a base tender of $592 for 31 squares from MC Donald Jones. It looks relatively cheaper than other builders. But I assume there are many hidden things that…

22/01/2024
(Another) garage conversion advice thread

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Apologies - I know there is plenty out there on this but struggling to put together the puzzle. We're planning our garage/external laundry to master bedroom and…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum