Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hunter Valley Build -Post Handover Journey Begins :)

Page 46 of 51
hahha you remind of myself last week making my list.. thought it was only one or two things but theres quiet a few more *sigh*

I'm not sure about Oracle but i know with Coral once your build is finished then your maintenance issues are dealt with by a completely different department. Have you contacted head office? that would be my first thought.. Make a list and email it through to whoever you can find to help.
I've filled out our maintenance request form and submitted it last week but have found a couple of other things since then so hopefully i can just add them once the maintenance person contacts me.
Oh hubbys not too worried.. he went to golf today instead!!
This build has been so frustrating, before, during and now after. They treat you as if you've just bought a $5.00 book from them.
Don't get me wrong, I love the house but I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth after everything that's gone on with this build.
I really want to get the front yard finished and put it on the market!
I will contact head office if I don't receive a response from the original lady that we were dealing with.

DreamHome2point0
This build has been so frustrating, before, during and now after. They treat you as if you've just bought a $5.00 book from them.
Don't get me wrong, I love the house but I can't help but have a bad taste in my mouth after everything that's gone on with this build.
I will contact head office if I don't receive a response from the original lady that we were dealing with.

Yep im hearing ya!! I've been treated better at Kmart!!!

Ive always dreamt about building a house and the whole experience has been a total let down.. After being on h1 I dont just believe it was because of coral. The building trade in this country is an absolute disgrace, they want the highest prices for disgusting quality of work.

Sorry rant over.. But i do love my house!! lol
Ryalls_first_build
DreamHome2point0

Yep im hearing ya!! I've been treated better at Kmart!!!

Ive always dreamt about building a house and the whole experience has been a total let down.. After being on h1 I dont just believe it was because of coral. The building trade in this country is an absolute disgrace, they want the highest prices for disgusting quality of work.

Sorry rant over.. But i do love my house!! lol

Haha, rant away! I totally agree with you. Builders screw their trades down on their rates, which means the trades do the quickest job they can so they can still afford to operate their business. Builders are already making a fortune with their 20% (more like 50%) mark up on variations.
If we ever build again it will be with a private local builder.

Those steps look fantastic. You two are very handy!!! Glad the rain has been working a treat in the turf. It has just created massive e muddy puddles here. Bring on the landscaping!!!

Becs Coral
Those steps look fantastic. You two are very handy!!! Glad the rain has been working a treat in the turf. It has just created massive e muddy puddles here. Bring on the landscaping!!!

Thanks Bec. We are starting on the second wall this weekend, pending weather conditions...Hopefully we can at least get a good start on it anyway. I can definitely sympathise with you about the mud. Out the front of our place is horrible and some of our dirt has washed away onto the walking path. We need to get turf down to hold it all up lol. Have you have any offers on your old home yet? How are you settling in?
Becs Coral

Thanks Bec. We are starting on the second wall this weekend, pending weather conditions...Hopefully we can at least get a good start on it anyway. I can definitely sympathise with you about the mud. Out the front of our place is horrible and some of our dirt has washed away onto the walking path. We need to get turf down to hold it all up lol. Have you have any offers on your old home yet? How are you settling in?
The house is looking amazing l! And those steps omg!

Jess_95

Thanks Jess. We started on the second wall this weekend. Can't wait to get some greenery out the front to cover the dirt.

Night shot.

Scored me some mature hedges for FREE ☺
Certainly makes a huge difference. Love them. I hope they survive. Any tips apart from lots of water?

DreamHome2point0
Becs Coral

Wow, it is all coming along beautifully. That hedge looks fantastic and what a score being free. E are going well. Just loving the house. So keen to let a start on landscaping but hubby really wants to get a landscape designer in, if nothing more that to pick a their brain. We have reasonable ideas of what we want. But just not sure on the best way to execute them.
DreamHome2point0
Jess_95

Thanks Jess. We started on the second wall this weekend. Can't wait to get some greenery out the front to cover the dirt.

Becs Coral
DreamHome2point0
Becs Coral

Wow, it is all coming along beautifully. That hedge looks fantastic and what a score being free. E are going well. Just loving the house. So keen to let a start on landscaping but hubby really wants to get a landscape designer in, if nothing more that to pick a their brain. We have reasonable ideas of what we want. But just not sure on the best way to execute them.
DreamHome2point0
Jess_95

Thanks Bec. We were so lucky to get the hedges. Our entire back garden has been gifted to us which has saved us a bit of money. Plants are so expensive!
I think getting someone in to help design the landscaping is a great idea, or at least get their ideas and opinions of what they think will work. We have totally winged ours...where the hedges are now was meant to be my veggie and herb garden. That's now getting relocated lol.
I bet you are enjoying your new place. Do you have much of a maintenance list? I still haven't heard back from anyone about ours.

We haven't had much to add to the list. With our internet connected last week and a new tv, we discovered an aerial point that is not working, but someone is meant to be coming to fix that sometime. We have some silicon work in the bathroom that was missed but that is about it at this point. That's a shame they haven't been back to fix you. Hopefully soon!!!

Becs Coral
We haven't had much to add to the list. With our internet connected last week and a new tv, we discovered an aerial point that is not working, but someone is meant to be coming to fix that sometime. We have some silicon work in the bathroom that was missed but that is about it at this point. That's a shame they haven't been back to fix you. Hopefully soon!!!

The outlet might just be the connection not punched on properly, it`s quite common in new builds. Let me know if they don`t turn up and I`ll send Brad around to test the outlet with his meter.
I`m beyond frustrated with our builder. They did manage to email me about our gas account that was opened in the builder`s name. It is meant to be in our name. I`m guessing they received our first gas bill and then realised, haha. It`s in our contract that the builder is to open both gas and electric in our names, we had to sign off on it, the electric bill is in our name but not gas. Something went wrong there. Woo-hoo free gas for the first quarter! They also forgot to put our water meter on so our bill was only $30.00.
Becs Coral

The outlet might just be the connection not punched on properly, it`s quite common in new builds. Let me know if they don`t turn up and I`ll send Brad around to test the outlet with his meter.
I`m beyond frustrated with our builder. They did manage to email me about our gas account that was opened in the builder`s name. It is meant to be in our name. I`m guessing they received our first gas bill and then realised, haha. It`s in our contract that the builder is to open both gas and electric in our names, we had to sign off on it, the electric bill is in our name but not gas. Something went wrong there. Woo-hoo free gas for the first quarter! They also forgot to put our water meter on so our bill was only $30.00.
DreamHome2point0
Becs Coral

That's for that. The electrician came yesterday and sorted the aerial for us, but that is very kind of you to offer for Brad to help. Score on the water bill!!!! Its not very often in this process that you come out a winner!!!

You're welcome Bec, glad they got it sorted quickly for you. I wish our builder was as efficient. Hubs spoke to ss during the week and ss said he'd call brad back...we never heard back. *sigh. If we don't hear back next week we'll have to call the qld office to see what's going on.

DreamHome2point0
Thanks Ryalls, we've just been slowly chipping away at it when we can, when it's not bucketing down. Oh that worked out terribly with having time off to do the yard but not being able to because of the **** weather. Hopefully we have some cooler, non rainy days ahead to get some work done.
Our list isn't that big...
Change shower screens to semi frameless, seal both baths and bathrooms, change tap mixers in ensuite to correct mixers, fix slab out the back (chunk missing) replace 6 kitchen handles, install door latch on front door, water damage to window frames, groutung in main bath...ok so now that I'm going through the list I have quite a bit...
What do you suggest that I do?
Send another email with photos?
Not sure when it would be appropriate to contact fair trading?

Its been a while since ive logged on. Can i ask about your front door latch issue? Im not happy with mine as i was suppose to have the handle which sits behind the push pull handle if that makes sense

Related
24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

14/11/2023
NCC - Roof Valley - Does this comply?

Building A New House

thanks guys! yes this is how I've exactly raised it with the builder. still awaiting response.

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum