Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aveling in Mandurah - anyone still out there?

Page 46 of 46
Oh thank you. I really might take you up on that. I'll get hubby's foot to feel them at the showroom first to see if they are a possibility, lol.
I've got Van Gogh in classic oak. When I first raised the idea of vinyl with my hubby he was not convinced but when we saw them in real life we felt they looked more real then e laminates.

We haven't had any problems with scratches but we have no animals or kids. But if you go to a few displays with laminate you will see how scratched it gets.

We did have issues with the laying so my advice is find out about having the slab leveled. We were never told about it and it really was needed for our slab. The problems we have had have mostly been rectified.

We have friends with laminate and it was laid so badly that the boards move and that would drive me crazier then our slightly uneven floor.
I agree with fmac. Laminate flooring scratches far more easily. Another plus for Karndean is their customer service. They put our builder to shame. Good on you Karndean and shame on you AV.eling.
Your house looks amazing. You gave certainly turned it into a gorgeous home. We will have our vinyl floors in by end April. I'm nervous. I hope they do a good job.
Renski
Your house looks amazing. You gave certainly turned it into a gorgeous home. We will have our vinyl floors in by end April. I'm nervous. I hope they do a good job.

Hi Renski, so nice to hear from you again, it's been ages. Just had a quick look at your blog again. You've done such a good job with the blog and of course your home. Wish you had a thread so I'd get update notifications.

Don't be nervous, but please listen to fmac about floor preparation. Don't let them tell you its good enough. Spend the extra and get it levelled and save yourself the grief we've experienced.
Yes totally agree! I had fantastic installers who picked up major issue with my slab. Huge dip across whole living space. Infact they had to grind all the living space & kitchen and do self level compound on the dip. They could hve just gone ahead and laid them but they opted out of another job to make sure mine was done well
Worst of it was my SS popped to house when floor installers were there and they complained to him as that's the dip was way below acceptable standard but he didn't care & disagreed.

I didn't pick up the dip myself but I'm so glad it was sorted
Hmm yep same here for your last paragraph. Everything is to industry standards. - #%*£€+~? - yeah right
Yeah the floor installers were so shocked the SS thought that kind of dip was acceptable. They said if I didn't have my dead line (old house settled day after we moved into this house) they would have told us to make builder sort out the floor
Wouldn't have made any difference Leanne and glad you didn't cause you would have been disappointed. That building industry standard would have been waved in front of you. They are allowed so much dipping/variation over a 3 metre stretch.
Yeah that's what I said to floor installers. I was like no point, id be waiting a very long time haha. Yeah variation is like 10mm but my dip was like 25mm within 1 metre. All good now, thank goodness for the fantastic floor installers. Infact all my own trades were great, was so glad to get away from the builders hehe

Shows level with big gap under and that's with screed poured already + area when fixed
Wow Leanne, that's quite a bit of work.

I on the other hand have gotten to love my 'wavy landscape' of a floor
Hello? I've got wavy landscape too, sounds like one of the bonus features offered by our builder SB
our tiler did the best he can to level our 600mm tiles we didn't have time to screed the whole place (tiler went on a cruise straight after our job that lucky duck
)
Thanks everyone for your tips on the floor. This time next week they will be in. Be crying or cheering. I hope I'm happy. I will be stressing my concern about levelling. And if they tell me otherwise I'll make sure they understand I'll be getting them to fix it if it's wavy.

Leanne that's a massive patch of levelling. Lucky your flooring guys were switched on
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

19/11/2023
HIA Contract Clause 16.2 Delays to Carrying Out the Works Af

Building A New House

Unless there is something in special conditions the builder does not have to give you timeline. If your demolition contractor has not removed Asbestos and it was found…

3/12/2023
brickwork out of level

Building A New House

Thanks for the informative response! I'll feed that back to the site supervisor.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum