Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is building with Eden Brae?

Page 46 of 778
rabsta
Hi guys... So our frames are now completed and I think our roof started today with gutters and facade going on...i'll go onsite tomorrow morning and check it out...things seem to be moving along at the moment... lets see how we go..

I have updated my blog with pictures with our frames going up =]

Hi rabsta is mark your SS
jammie25
rabsta
Hi guys... So our frames are now completed and I think our roof started today with gutters and facade going on...i'll go onsite tomorrow morning and check it out...things seem to be moving along at the moment... lets see how we go..

Sorry Luke.
Hey guys a very silly question? We forgot to get tv antenna during electrical can we do it later or wat are the other options
Not sure jammie. If it needs to be wired (?), you would want it added during the build rather than afterwards. Ask your CSO what your options are.
Our consultant, Craig, said that EVERYONE needed it. I asked why it then wasn't part of the standard package & I got some waffly reply!
Kerith
Not sure jammie. If it needs to be wired (?), you would want it added during the build rather than afterwards. Ask your CSO what your options are.
Our consultant, Craig, said that EVERYONE needed it. I asked why it then wasn't part of the standard package & I got some waffly reply!

he din not mention that to us , may be will write to craig an ask him.
jammie25
jammie25
rabsta

Sorry Luke.

Hi Jammie...how SS is Kane
I believe that an aerial socket is included in all houses and they will run the cables into the roof cavity for you to hook up to an aerial later.
Hounda that sounds ok so we can get an antenna an a local sparkie. Thank you.
Good news !!! All final drawings are signed off and my site pegged yesterday
I would advise everyone to take your time to thoroughly go through the final documents as EBH will be building your new home based of these documents, I found tons of mistakes.
I have to say as a new home owner and first time builder, I would be LOST without this website! There are so many things I just would not think of! It's so great - I could read this site all day! haha
1sttimebuilding2012
Hi riverside, welcome!! The others have already answered your question.... The $750 comes off your house 5% deposit when it's time to make it. What design are you thinking of building?

Hi 1sttime, thanks for that. We are looking at the Lawson 24 or 26.....we are heading up to Waterford County to check it out this weekend.
Welcome riverside2012,

I am building the lawson 24 (with 2 extra squares) and I know that a few other people who visit here as well are too. The display home is really nice and its great to see the layout in real life.

I liked the Lawson because there is not a lot of wasted or unnecessary space. Make sure that you get a price for the additional alfresco - it is great with it.

Good luck visiting the home.

Dearheart
Im also building the lawson 24 with 2 extra squares to
We are building a Lawson 22 at Fletcher ...eventually (obviously by my name) and LOVE this site!! I have made many calls to my CSO asking for new things from the stuff i read on here! So many things i would never think about.
I'm building in Fletcher too Lawson22. Where are you building??
Lawson22 - I have said it before and I will say it again. my house would look COMPLETELY different if it wasn't for HOMEONE. Hmmmm, maybe I will send you all an invoice LOL
Dearheart - We are building in Sanctuary....where abouts are you? We havent started the build yet... just sorted colours and electrical etc!!!

Kerith- haha This forum has been the best. We were planning on going STANDARD everything but have seen the best ideas for improvement and loving every choices we have made!! Costly but definatley going to be worth it i think!!!

Picking colours for the Lawson has been hard as we originally wanted to keep it similar to the display at Chisholm. its so hard to picture everything completed without seeing a picture.. tiles were the hardest!!! especially the kitchen tiling for splasback etc on both sides of the kitchen!!!
Lawson22 - I reckon in today computer age they should be able to put together an image for us of each of our selections, don't you?! For example, how the kitchen looks, the facade etc.....
Im with you on that Kerith!! I thought i might colour in my Kitchen drawings from kitchen culture so i can imagine what its all going to look like!
Hi All,

I met some of you already in my post about SMART wiring for eden brae.

I asked My Eden Brae Sales person couple of questions about my project before accepting the tender, I am including the conversation here for some review.

1. Garage door timber look….. $1,700 - $1,800. Aprox. To be discussed with HOG
2. Down lights -50, to be discussed with HOG
3. Smart wiring, to be discussed with HOG
4. Extra Concrete for alfresco- 3m X .9m ( you previously quoted $700 for .9m x.9m extenstion, we would like to extend it by another 2 meter towards the back of the house ), $1,350 in lieu of $700
5. Flyscreen in the windows throughout, $850
6. Door to the ensuit and walk in robe, $215 each
7. Security door at the front and in the laundry. They start at $450 each, to be discussed at HOG

Also, can you also please confirm if the following items are included in the house price:

1. Outdoor Gas Point for BBQ $140 each
2. Extra indoor gas points ( how many gas heating points are included within the price?) $140 each
3. 1 Garden Tap in front of the house and 1 at the back one fresh water and one recycled is std
6. Locks to the bifold door in the alfresco, std
7. Fridge tap, $150
8. kitchen splashback - since we donot have any feature window, what will be substituted? Not applicable on your design
9. We heard from some of our friends that eden brae charges for an upgrade of ducted aircon because of the extra square added, will this be applicable to us as well?,not required at this stage, but you can have a meeting with the air con people to discuss
7. We wanted the second toilet to be inside the bathroom ( don't want them separate). I hope there will not be any extra charge to do the modification. All in one bathroom, a credit of ($100)

Please give me some feedback..

Thanks
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum