Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Porter Davis homes

Page 444 of 862
I am fairly sure that certain charges in relation to water are fielded by owners - eg supply/parks waste charges etc but the actual usage during build is covered by pd - not entirely certain but 80kl usage equals about $160 ($2.34 per 1000L) - bring it to their attention when they are back from break and maybe take pic of meter reading and leaking point etc am fairly sure they credit you back - but it usually happens at end of build - gets taken off last invoice from what I believe.
clairemumto5
I am fairly sure that certain charges in relation to water are fielded by owners - eg supply/parks waste charges etc but the actual usage during build is covered by pd - not entirely certain but 80kl usage equals about $160 ($2.34 per 1000L) - bring it to their attention when they are back from break and maybe take pic of meter reading and leaking point etc am fairly sure they credit you back - but it usually happens at end of build - gets taken off last invoice from what I believe.

I was nearly died when I see that.
Did anyone get a Corner Shower System (like the one on the link below) instead of the square or rectangle type shower? We're trying to squeeze in a narrow window into the powder room instead of a 1500 wide shower as I don't like the idea of having a window directly over the shower. Not sure if this would be considered a change to a wet area

http://www.reece.com.au/bathrooms/produ ... em-1779573
Hi
Is anyone building Chadwick 41 with Porter davis?

Need some ideas fo WIR in Master bedroom.

Thanks,
VP
Hi viralpatel
We built a Chadwick with Porter Davis but did not make any changes to the WIR in the master bedroom. Porter Davis used to build a house called the Cremorne which is very similar to the Chadwick. If you go to this page http://ourcremorne.blogspot.com.au/2011 ... chive.html there is an example of a second WIR added. It might help you with ideas. Keep in mind however that your options will change depending upon what façade you are going to choose.
clairemumto5
I am fairly sure that certain charges in relation to water are fielded by owners - eg supply/parks waste charges etc but the actual usage during build is covered by pd.

Hi Clairemumto5, we were told differently
Electricity is paid by PD but water infrastructure and associated water usage charges is to be paid by the owner.

I made a post back in October with the following:

"I had a look at the water usage and for 3 months it was 12 kL. On average that means they're using 128 litres per day.......that seems a little high to me hence I wanted to check first.

Edit - And just to put into $ perspective, the water usage alone amounts to ~$50 for 3 months. So assuming at least 6 months of build and current usage that would be ~$100 for water usage.
"
mike9
Hi
Has anyone come across issue whilst building during Xmas period, the tap where the hot water connection is faulty and therefore water keep running continually as soon as main water switch is on.
My meter jumps to 80 kilolitre in one week and I am not able to contact the builder as the close for 2 weeks during this Festive Season. I have turned off the main water switch.
But different contractors (plasterer, etc...) keep working whilst the builder is off and they need access to water and have therefore turn on the main water switch. I stuck a sign near the main tap asking them to turn off the main switch and have to keep visiting the site to explain it to them.

My building contract stated that the owner is liable for all water usage during construction period. I wrote several emails to my builder along with the photos of the water on the ground and the meter reading each day for the past 7 days.

Can anyone provide some advice on this? This is very unfair as the water loss is due to faulty plumbing work caused by the builder's plumber.
I could imagine at the end of 3 mths the water usage will be thousands due to water loss.

Thanks heaps.

Hi Mike09,
Could you please private message me, via this site, with your build and contact details and I will have this followed up ASAP
Thanks, Helen
clairemumto5
And for Jackula we didn't hear from SS till after slab is poured as a separate person manages the base stage from what I understand

Ah, good to know thanks! Will give me more time to prepare my list of questions
Hi there
We are building a Waldorf and have just been told by our BC that PD changed suppliers for the Essastone and now the island bench for the kitchen will have a joint as the new supplier is unable to provide a single piece covering the length of the bench. That is, unless we upgrade the stone bench $$$. I am very annoyed with this as we signed our Fixed Price Contract back in Sep. 2013 for a site start in Dec. 2013.

PD is delayed and has now came back to us requesting a number of changes saying they changed suppliers. Has anyone had the same experience? I am starting to fell that the fixed price contract is not worth it's paper.

Any suggestions?
PD has new promotion , which give free alfresco or voucher for life style home. Has anyone know the value of voucher ?
We were going to build chadwick 41 but changed our mind day before Tender appointment due to new promotion on offer for Prestige range so, now Waldorf 46... Hopefully its a right decision.
viralpatel
We were going to build chadwick 41 but changed our mind day before Tender appointment due to new promotion on offer for Prestige range so, now Waldorf 46... Hopefully its a right decision.

Hi viralpatel,
Just wondering how settlement on your land from stage 4 went? All done?
Pearz
Pearz
Delete double reply
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone on here is all over the BAL policies. We are buidling with PD in Gisborne. Our tender is coming up in a week and I was doing some research on the vic planning site and from what I can understand there were some changes made to bushfire prone areas on 31 Dec. From what I understood we where in a bushfire prone area previously (the street on our map was covered in green) and it now looks like we are out of the bushfire prone area as it is no longer covered in green. Is anyone aware of these changes and does anyone know about these maps. Obviously a big win for us as we have budgeted about 6k for this but don't want my hopes to be shoot down at tender. If your an expert in this area feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
ant22
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone on here is all over the BAL policies. We are buidling with PD in Gisborne. Our tender is coming up in a week and I was doing some research on the vic planning site and from what I can understand there were some changes made to bushfire prone areas on 31 Dec. From what I understood we where in a bushfire prone area previously (the street on our map was covered in green) and it now looks like we are out of the bushfire prone area as it is no longer covered in green. Is anyone aware of these changes and does anyone know about these maps. Obviously a big win for us as we have budgeted about 6k for this but don't want my hopes to be shoot down at tender. If your an expert in this area feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers

You can use www.land.vic.gov.au to find your property and get the property report which will tell you if you are in a bushfire zone.
ant22
Hi All,

Cheers

I bought my block in September, I wasn't in a BF Zone when I purchased it, yet low and behold as soon as I bought it and I went to tender it had been rezoned. There is nothing you can do about it. So my advice to you is keep that $6k in your budget as a BFL because it will magically reappear.
PEARZ
viralpatel

Hi viralpatel,
Just wondering how settlement on your land from stage 4 went? All done?
Pearz
Pearz

All done.... Settled on 20th December...
Thanks ant22, I stumbled across your post this morning and had no idea that the bushfire zones have been reviewed on Dec 31. I checked out the map and HOORAY we are no longer in the bushfire zone. Our previous quote came to over $7k for all that is involved in meeting the BAL requirements. YIPPEE much rather those $$ in our pocket thankyou!

We are building the Drysdale 30 in Cranbourne East with land due to be titled next month.
hi all,

If anyone is building with Porter davis in The Boulevard - Clyde north, I want help with cost of "Lot Specific Site Costs & Design Approval", has anyone got charged for this?

Thanks,
VP
Just wondering if anybody has had any contact from their BCs yet this year? I know they only just reopened, and if it's anything like my work, probably have hundreds of emails and heaps to catch up on, but I haven't had a reply from mine for a couple days which is odd for her compared to how things have been so far.
Related
24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum