Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with Wisdom Homes

Page 443 of 828
Jenifermarie
I think the end of admin is in sight for us

We signed off our draft end panel back on 25th Nov but Wisdom didn’t come through with our construction plans until the last day before shutdown and because our tender had expired there seemed to be no one around in management to decide what to do with that so no final end panel.

Found some mistakes on the construction plans (very minor) which were fixed yesterday along with a price increase variation which was a kick in the guts but mostly the delays were due to our land registering 3 months late. Not the full price increase but none the less more money

Now we’re just waiting on our bank to supply our LACC because they overlooked our council approved plans and we should be done.

I’m going to be so glad when this is done. It’s been 15.5 months since our initial tender request of which approx. 3 months was land delays. The rest was all Wisdom so anyone requesting a tender really should be pushing for a 12 month tender without any cost because I don’t see how Wisdom could get it across the line in 6 if your land is unregistered. We signed off all our selections etc about a week after our land was meant to register so we would have time it perfectly if there were no delays. We have also lost 5 weeks due to Wisdom’s Xmas shutdowns in that period (3 weeks in 2016/17 and 2 weeks in 2017/18).

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/

Woo hoo! Nearly time to put admin behind you.
The construction goes faster, although there are some weeks when not much is done, waiting a week is nothing like waiting for months for paperwork!

Hi everyone.
Have been reading along with interest and glad to see everyone progressing well.
@msjovi- your house looks bloody fantastic! I'm green with envy right now 😁

We finally got word back from WH after 4 months waiting for tender. Unfortunately WH won't come near our house with a 10 foot pole. They have declined to take up on our KDRB project for our house due to traffic condition ( it being a corner block next to a one way street which has abit of traffic in the PM).

They also suggested we go through a custom builder. ..haha..
So we now have to go regroup and decide what to do next- try another project builder or bite the bullet and pay the extra $$ for a private builder.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped answer questions along the way. For those building/in admin, best of luck with ur homes and hope the result is well worth the wait. For those that are enjoying your new Wisdom homes right now- lie by the pool/ in the alfresco area/on the grass and have a long island tea for me will ya? 😉

@MrsL- good luck with the birth and bub. Life is about to change ( for the better) 😁
tjuls
Hi everyone.
Have been reading along with interest and glad to see everyone progressing well.
@msjovi- your house looks bloody fantastic! I'm green with envy right now

We finally got word back from WH after 4 months waiting for tender. Unfortunately WH won't come near our house with a 10 foot pole. They have declined to take up on our KDRB project for our house due to traffic condition ( it being a corner block next to a one way street which has abit of traffic in the PM).

So we now have to go regroup and decide what to do next- try another project builder or bite the bullet and pay the extra $$ for a private builder.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped answer questions along the way. For those building/in admin, best of luck with ur homes and hope the result is well worth the wait. For those that are enjoying your new Wisdom homes right now- lie by the pool/ in the alfresco area/on the grass and have a long island tea for me will ya?

@MrsL- good luck with the birth and bub. Life is about to change ( for the better)

Sorry to hear that things haven’t progressed.
Best of luck, hopefully another project Home builder will give you a quick answer so you can get building quickly.

msjovi beautiful house u have. Looks amazing and looks like u had plenty upgrades

Has anyone who has just finished their paperwork had their construction start yet? Wisdom pool&landscape have started on our pool so they've dug it out today and should get the rest done over the next 2 weeks. No slab yet but I'm hoping they'll start next week since the pools now been dug out.

When do u know when they are about to put the slab down and when do I get assigned a SS?

tjuls
Hi everyone.
@msjovi- your house looks bloody fantastic! I'm green with envy right now 😁

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped answer questions along the way. For those building/in admin, best of luck with ur homes and hope the result is well worth the wait. For those that are enjoying your new Wisdom homes right now- lie by the pool/ in the alfresco area/on the grass and have a long island tea for me will ya? 😉

@MrsL- good luck with the birth and bub. Life is about to change ( for the better) 😁

we were initially also rejected because we are a battle axe block even though we don't share a driveway, the driveway is 5 meters wide and our block without the driveway is 2200m2, we escalated it and they then came back and said they would do it.
Maybe ask for them to reconsider like we did
doosra
@msjovi beautiful house u have. Looks amazing and looks like u had plenty upgrades

Has anyone who has just finished their paperwork had their construction start yet? Wisdom pool&landscape have started on our pool so they've dug it out today and should get the rest done over the next 2 weeks. No slab yet but I'm hoping they'll start next week since the pools now been dug out.

When do u know when they are about to put the slab down and when do I get assigned a SS?

We got a call from our SS just before they started the plumbing and piering.
Won’t be long for you I am sure.

aaron2008
@msjovi - everything looks so awesome.

Question for all - When did you guys started on budgeting and looking for furniture & appliances?

All my appliances are already specified and ordered through Winnings, We aren't taking any of the WH appliances at all so they are all getting delivered and installed together on the same day, Fridges, Ovens, Gas Cooktop, Rangehood, Laundry Appliances, BBQ, Outdoor underbench fridges

In regards to Furniture this has also been chosen so when it goes on sale I can order it even though we haven't even started yet. Some Furniture items are a 20 week lead time anyway
Manhattan52
aaron2008

Question for all - When did you guys started on budgeting and looking for furniture & appliances?

All my appliances are already specified and ordered through Winnings, We aren't taking any of the WH appliances at all so they are all getting delivered and installed together on the same day, Fridges, Ovens, Gas Cooktop, Rangehood, Laundry Appliances, BBQ, Outdoor underbench fridges

In regards to Furniture this has also been chosen so when it goes on sale I can order it even though we haven't even started yet. Some Furniture items are a 20 week lead time anyway
Hey is that costing you alot more bow going with Wisdom Standard range?

Hi anyone have ideas or sample of staircase for Ambassador we want wood treads and closed riser but we're wondering if we could curve it a bit. Please PM me your staircases.

lee.lim
Manhattan52
aaron2008

Yes it is costing a lot more than the standard range, however they are the brands I wanted. You also have to pay extra for the electrical provisioning whereas the standard range includes this.
Manhattan52
lee.lim
Manhattan52
[quote="aaron2008"]@msjovi - everything looks so awesome.

Yes it is costing a lot more than the standard range, however they are the brands I wanted. You also have to pay extra for the electrical provisioning whereas the standard range includes this.[/quote]Which brands are you getting. I am wanting German appliances. Do you mind giving me an idea of how much extra you paid.

2 x Gaggenau 75 cm wide wall ovens
1 x wolf gas cooktop
2 x Miele Knock to open dishwasher
Quasar range hood
extra electrical provisioning is $1500
You will also have to pay for install yourself, I don't have a price for that

Credit for WH appliances is $3300 (ILVE)
Manhattan52
2 x Gaggenau 75 cm wide wall ovens
1 x wolf gas cooktop
2 x Miele Knock to open dishwasher
Quasar range hood
extra electrical provisioning is $1500
You will also have to pay for install yourself, I don't have a price for that

Credit for WH appliances is $3300 (ILVE)

Are you also getting a subzero fridge?

No Sub Zero, 2 x Leibehhrs
Is it worth the money to upgrade to ceramic roof tiles. Apparently better insulation.

Manhattan52

we were initially also rejected because we are a battle axe block even though we don't share a driveway, the driveway is 5 meters wide and our block without the driveway is 2200m2, we escalated it and they then came back and said they would do it.
Maybe ask for them to reconsider like we did[/quote]

Thank you for the suggestion Manhattan52 but apparently it's been through their operations director and our sales guy has been instructed to 'let this one go'. Our sales guy was nice enough to forward me the email trail and it seems we need a full time site management which doesn't suit their business model.

Oh well.. might try another project builder ( if we dare)
Did anyone go with the upgrade to ceramic tiles for 2999

Is anyone putting in ceramic tiles is it worth the money.

Colour scheme with Ambassador.

Jenifermarie
aaron2008
Jenifermarie I believe wisdom will give you an extension on your tender expire to waive the shutdown period. Our tender expire is last week of feb and we are waiting for our construction plan as we speak. When we were assigned CSO we discussed the tender period & I list out all the delays due to errors at drafting stage pre & post registration of our land! mostly post.

Delay in registration of land is a killer eh? Something no one has control to.

mandm+4 - yes it is a stockpile
We are still waiting to hear from Allam. Alternatively we may use the gravel & levelling soil for our own landscaping if no one claims for it. Just need to move the soil to far end of the land. So apart from mower, would need a shovel as well!

danik - that's unfortunate!! My advise to all new land owners, get it fenced as soon as possible especially around newer developments.You will expect a longer admin time & u do not want to deal with dumping

Our tender expired last November and none of the delays that mattered were Wisdoms fault unfortunately. Not sure our CSO cares that much either. Got told on the phone the other day that “there were other people ahead of me before she would have time to reply to my email”. I’m just glad it’s almost over, even with the extra cost!

Building Wisdom Aspiration 31 at Willowdale
https://ourwillowdalehome.wordpress.com/
Happy for you Jenifermarie, time to look forward now. Am eagerly waiting to see your updates. We are in the last and most stressful stretch waiting for the end panel and construction plans .
Wish you good luck.

spk_homebuild, we are in similar boat - just abt a week ahead may be, as I have received by Draft End Panel on Friday. The good thing is that atleast now we are in the same calendar year in which we are expecting the builds

A question for people who have received their Draft End Panels:
- If you are using tiles/timber flooring in place of Carpet - is their a separate line item for Carpet refund? I dont see that in my DEP.
- For rainwater tank, if your requirement is to have a bigger rainwater tank in place of 3000 lt tank provided by W, have you received a credit/adjustment for this 3000 lt tank?
- Has any of you made any changes to Rain Water tank? If yes, how is that coordinated, and at what stage?
singalg
@spk_homebuild, we are in similar boat - just abt a week ahead may be, as I have received by Draft End Panel on Friday. The good thing is that atleast now we are in the same calendar year in which we are expecting the builds

A question for people who have received their Draft End Panels:
- If you are using tiles/timber flooring in place of Carpet - is their a separate line item for Carpet refund? I dont see that in my DEP.
- For rainwater tank, if your requirement is to have a bigger rainwater tank in place of 3000 lt tank provided by W, have you received a credit/adjustment for this 3000 lt tank?
- Has any of you made any changes to Rain Water tank? If yes, how is that coordinated, and at what stage?
Re the carpet credit - if its not showing a refund then you will need to chase admin for that. They missed ours but added it in when we brought it to their attention, as DiL paperwork says Wisdom will organise the credit.

Rainwater tank - sorry cabt help with that one.

Oz

Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum