Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KDR Metricon Liberty - Hampshire 45 QLD

Page 45 of 90
dulie
beac_faith
Love your stair stain!! We wanted that colour and until now I still don't know what went wrong during selection at studio M lol. What's the stain?

Thanks E! Just looked it up, the stain is Sikkens Ebony.

Thanks! I'll see if it's possible to re-stain them when I get sick of this present one

Hi D, is it inspection today? Let us know how it went!

beac_faith

Hi E,

Yup just finished our PCI. Was pretty breezy, nothing really majorly wrong.
Biggest ticket item was un-even concrete slab along the rebated stacker doors. My tiler told me about this or I wouldn't have even picked it up, so I raised it with my SM. SM is gonna have a floor grinder come to even it all up =D

Apart from that, just all minor paint touch ups, silicone here and there nothing worth noting.

10 Business days from today he'll have everything fixed, then hand over SM reckons.
Who says building a house is hard... lol
dulie
beac_faith

Hi E,

Biggest ticket item was un-even concrete slab along the rebated stacker doors. My tiler told me about this or I wouldn't have even picked it up, so I raised it with my SM. SM is gonna have a floor grinder come to even it all up =D

Apart from that, just all minor paint touch ups, silicone here and there nothing worth noting.

10 Business days from today he'll have everything fixed, then hand over SM reckons.

Woohoo congrats! Sounds like a walk in the park

Have you decided when you're moving in?

Dulie

Can you bring ur SM and builders down to Melb to build my house please?

The quality of the build depends on the involvement of the SM. I'm grateful we have a good SM who is always on top of things, and quite regular with his updates too. From the visits i have had so far, i am hoping to have a To-Do list similar to Dulie. Fingers crossed.

Congrats Dulie. You wont need to do much more snooping around once you get the keys. Like me, you'd suddenly miss that part of it.
LOL!
beac_faith

The day after!!!! lol
Renman
Dulie

Yeah a good SM is worth is weight in gold! I swear the misses and I didn't really pick up anything during PCI, while the SM actually picked up all the imperfections. We just walked along chatting about random stuff lol.

And yup no problems, i'll put him in express post to your address in 10 business days.
qldben
The quality of the build depends on the involvement of the SM. I'm grateful we have a good SM who is always on top of things, and quite regular with his updates too. From the visits i have had so far, i am hoping to have a To-Do list similar to Dulie. Fingers crossed.

Congrats Dulie. You wont need to do much more snooping around once you get the keys. Like me, you'd suddenly miss that part of it.
LOL!

Yeah definitely, I couldn't be happier with the effort our SM has put into getting our place just right. Like I said earlier, the SM has picked and fixed 10 times the amount of things that we weren't happy with.

Feels like the guys up here in QLD really take pride in their work and do a great job. Very lucky to have experience such an enjoyable experience during this build. Will definitely miss using my ninja skillz to access the house lol.
dulie
beac_faith

The day after!!!! lol

Congrats Dulie

dulie
beac_faith

Hi E,

Glad to hear it all went well! You have certainly created a beautiful house.

Funny you mentioned about the slab not being even. Ours isn't either and the tiles in some areas are above the stacker and below in others and the SS said it was within tolerances so nothing is being done!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
MrsJM
Glad to hear it all went well! You have certainly created a beautiful house.

Funny you mentioned about the slab not being even. Ours isn't either and the tiles in some areas are above the stacker and below in others and the SS said it was within tolerances so nothing is being done!

Thanks JM.
Yeah I'm so glad I invited my tiler over to scope out the house, he said it's a very common problem that most don't pick up till it's too late. Cause you don't see it till after the tiles are laid. Unlucky that your SM refuses to do anything about it. I've read up on tolerances and it's 10mm's which is crazy!!!

Plus I feel as if I would have gotten a similar response from the SM if we didn't pick it up before the tiles were laid.
That's great Dulie, make sure you still keep posting after PCI
Would love to see the other work you are doing to the house including landscaping and stuff.

Metricon Liberty 45, Ryde NSW
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=82846
Renman
Dulie

I'll take him after you're done because that's probably when I'll end up starting my build

emmyawards
Renman
Dulie

I'll take him after you're done because that's probably when I'll end up starting my build

Deal.

What stage are you up to?

Renman
emmyawards
Renman
Dulie

Deal.

The waiting for drawings and for prelim contract stage.

emmyawards
Renman
emmyawards
[quote="Renman"]Dulie

Deal.

[/quote]

Ok. We are ahead of you at this stage.

Quirmeball1280
That's great Dulie, make sure you still keep posting after PCI
Would love to see the other work you are doing to the house including landscaping and stuff.

Definitely, I've still got heaps to do post hand over. Mains ones below
- Main floor tiles
- Upstairs carpets
- Alfresco flooring
- Laundry cabinetry
- WIRs cabinetry
- Driveway
- Epoxy garage floor

Haven't even thought about landscaping yet lol.
Renman
emmyawards
Renman
[quote="emmyawards"][quote="Renman"]Dulie

Deal.

[/quote]

Ok. We are ahead of you at this stage.

[/quote]

Yep I haven't even demolished so you're waaay ahead.

Just got emailed the list of outstanding items picked up from PCI.
Seems pretty straight forward.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum